Order of Rcvd and Sent fields

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
yt9tp
Old Man

Order of Rcvd and Sent fields

Post by yt9tp »

For all my life I used log books where order of signal report fields is Sent, Received. Log4OM uses reverse order (Received, Sent).

It may look silly, bit it is hard for me to adjust. It makes hard especially when I work in portable when I record logs in plain old paper format and them I have to retype all in Log4OM. You can guess, in my paper log book, order of the fields is Sent, Received, which leads to confusion.

I would really appreciate if this order could be adjusted as an option.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Order of Rcvd and Sent fields

Post by G4POP »

In nearly two years of the life of Log4OM with a couple of thousand users this is the first time, to my knowledge, that anyone has complained about this! Perhaps other users might like to comment?

Making the field position user selectable may at this stage of Log4om development be a big job, only Daniele can comment on this possibility.
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Terry,

To be honest, I sometimes mix this up as well. All other logging programs I used (or still use with OE6CLD due to the massive awards information I entered) are expecting 'sent' first, and that's usually something I already fill in at the beginning of a QSO, so that the cursor already is in the received field.

A different order would suit me as well, but there are much more important features to implement (support for more awards, Badnmaster support, LotW filtering, ...).

Claus EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

thinking about :)
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

Daniele, thanks for positive approach :)
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

why not just allow the order to be user definable, then everyone will be accomodated ! However, if this cannot be done, then I too am all for the Sent / Received order as per YT9TP

John