Log fields and other

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
in3vvk
Novice Class

Log fields and other

Post by in3vvk »

Hello, I would like to propose some useful ideas for the program:
- Have check in the cluster suddived to not worked country by mode or band, actually I see only in statistic color only If I not work country in both parameter, Example if I worked VK9 in 20m CW but not in SSB I see Spot White, but I need it also in SSB mode.
- Have a custom color in the log grid for confirmed QSOs, not confirmed QSO and Queued QSO to print
- Have a change fonts and alignment in the field log
- Have a Icon for CWKeyer and VoiceKeyer instead into the menu list.
- Hace a CAT command through mouse as for FLDIGI to adjust Radio directly inside of the LOG4OM.

If any function is already available please let me know do

Ciao Paolo IN3VVK
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Log fields and other

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Paolo,

The first idea already exists.

Please see the picture

Second idea: colors in log grid is interesting.
paolo.jpg
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
in3vvk
Novice Class

Post by in3vvk »

Hi Manuel thanks to reply, yes I can see into the cluster different mode but the idea is that the different color is visible directly on the main page of the cluster, example cluster spots: White (Worked /band and mode), RED (new Country absolute), Yellow (New Country / Band) and Light Blue (New country / mode). .... so you know what you need.

73 Paolo
ve2dc
Novice Class

Post by ve2dc »

Hi

Just looking at Log4OM because my old DX4Win is not really supported anymore.

There are a few things that I don't see in Log4OM that I believe would be useful.
  • 1. A band map showing the spots. It's well implemented in DX4Win and a little more clumsily in DXLabs and is in most contesting programs. As it's a fair bit of work... maybe V2? DXLabs is great, but very slow so not happy with it. An alternative would be to link with Alex's Band Master COM/OLE interface.
    2. I am very surprised to see no support in Log4OM for the most comprehensive callbook, the RAC CD. This might be a non-starter for me as I rely on it.
    3. There is one feature in DX4Win that I haven't seen in any other logbook, but it's really useful. There are comments tied to the QSO, which is usual but also notes tied to the callsign. I think a better name for it would be Bio. The easiest way to implement it is to put the callsign data in a separate table with end dates to handle silent keys which is an issue in the DX4Win implementation. My electronic log goes back to 1969 LOL! This might also be a V2 consideration as it would require a second table and the log would be a join between callsign table and qso table. It's not so useful for DXing but very useful for ragchewing. Gotta do something between contests!
Ciao! Mel, VE2DC