Receive Power Default Value & Edit Capability

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
NS8K
Advanced Class

Receive Power Default Value & Edit Capability

Post by NS8K »

I've been using Log4OM for six months and it is impressive, Thank You! Recently I've noticed that the default value for RX Power on the Extended info & QSL tab is 100.000. I don't think this field had a default value for the first few months I used the software but I cannot attest to that for certain. I like to keep track of Rx Pwr for QRP contacts and must clear this default value every time Log4OM is started. Sometimes I forget! Is there a way to set the default value of this field to 0.000? Perhaps I have overlooked this but I have searched and searched and tested and tested to no avail.

In early 2016 K8SMS posted a question about being able to edit this field along with other QSO information. I'd like to second that request. In that post a work-around was explained that used the QSO Archive Manager and that method does work but is a bit scary to say the least. Editing this field somewhere in the Update QSO screen would be more intuitive.

Incidentally, in the F8 Recent QSO layout, this column is called Their Power. On the F5 Extended info & QSL tab it is RX Power. In Massive QSO update it is Rx Pwr. A real nit-pick and something you probably already knew.

TNX - Tom NS8K
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Receive Power Default Value & Edit Capability

Post by G4POP »

NS8K wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 03:00Thank You! Recently I've noticed that the default value for RX Power on the Extended info & QSL tab is 100.000. I don't think this field had a default value for the first few months I used the software but I cannot attest to that for certain. I like to keep track of Rx Pwr for QRP contacts and must clear this default value every time Log4OM is started. Sometimes I forget! Is there a way to set the default value of this field to 0.000?
No there is not
In early 2016 K8SMS posted a question about being able to edit this field along with other QSO information. I'd like to second that request. In that post a work-around was explained that used the QSO Archive Manager and that method does work but is a bit scary to say the least. Editing this field somewhere in the Update QSO screen would be more intuitive

Moving this thread to 'Feature suggestions'
Incidentally, in the F8 Recent QSO layout, this column is called Their Power. On the F5 Extended info & QSL tab it is RX Power. In Massive QSO update it is Rx Pwr. A real nit-pick and something you probably already knew.
You must have changed the title in the recent QSO layout because for me it is named 'RX Pwr' throughout!
73 Terry G4POP
NS8K
Advanced Class

Re: Receive Power Default Value & Edit Capability

Post by NS8K »

Terry,

Thanks for considering the suggestion and answering that the default 100.000 cannot be changed. I can stop looking.

I did re-titled that column in recent QSO layout because when I reset it, indeed Rx Pwr appeared. My error. On the F5 Tab though, it is Rx Power.

TNX - Tom NS8K