Multiple profiles within a single config/database

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
oh8fks
Novice Class

Multiple profiles within a single config/database

Post by oh8fks »

As I work satellites also portable, I have many QTH and calls (/M, /P) within the same profile, as I want to keep only one database. Following the guidelines, I always change the info in the Station Info page all the time I change QTH.

However, it’d be much faster if you could save different station infos within the same config, so that you don’t have to update them manually all the time.

I’m sure such an upgrade would be welcomed by many.

In any case this is a great piece of software, keep up the good work!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Multiple profiles within a single config/database

Post by G4POP »

I Just set up different desktop shortcuts for each profile/configuration so clicking the appropriate shortcut opens the required profile!
73 Terry G4POP
oh8fks
Novice Class

Post by oh8fks »

G4POP wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 17:39 I Just set up different desktop shortcuts for each profile/configuration so clicking the appropriate shortcut opens the required profile!
How do you create those shortcuts? As I mentioned previously, point is that I don't want to create new profiles. The info of QSOs made from other locations must go in the same database. As explained at page 157 of the User Guide:

"Recording, sorting and listing portable operations.
When working /P it is necessary to identify such operations by editing the Log4om “Options/Station Information” to enable these portable or expeditions to places other than the normal home (Main) location."

So I edit Options/Station Information changing the call (adding /P) and e.g. the locator. When I ended adding QSOs I have to edit the page again putting back the normal locator and removing /P. It'd be nice to be able to store this different "profiles" in the same config, so that that information doesn't have to be manually re-entered all the time.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I suggest that you read this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2641&p=15034&hilit=shortcut#p15034

My several different operations all using ONE COMMON DATABASE are accessed by the shortcuts shown below.

Each one with different station info and in some cases external logs uploads but all logging to the same SQLite database.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
73 Terry G4POP
oh8fks
Novice Class

Post by oh8fks »

G4POP wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 14:52 I suggest that you read this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2641&p=15034&hilit=shortcut#p15034

My several different operations all using ONE COMMON DATABASE are accessed by the shortcuts shown below.

Each one with different station info and in some cases external logs uploads but all logging to the same SQLite database
Thank you, that works exactly as explained.