Extra Cluster status

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
dl1clm
Advanced Class

Extra Cluster status

Post by dl1clm »

Hi,

It will be a great help during contests to have an extra cluster status for stations worked in a specific mode.
What I mean is, if I work a station in SSB on 20 meter it would be great to see that I can still work that station in CW or DIG.
Now we can addjust a color for 'STATION WORKED S.B.' (same band), but that does not say anything about the mode.
If there is an additional 'STATION WORKED S.B. + S.M.'(same band + same mode), with a diffent color, you can very easy see if you can work that station in the different mode.

If you need more information, please let me know.

73 Dick DL1CLM
Win10 64b v21H2 Log4OM v2.21.1.0
IC 7300 / IC 756 Pro II via Omnirig v1.19
Optibeam OB 9-5
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Extra Cluster status

Post by IW3HMH »

Cluster screen has colors on MODES to indicate if the country has been worked on CURRENT band AND mode.
This doesn't work at station callsign level.

Information is provided based on the current cluster information. It has no sense to inform you that the station SPOTTED can be worked also in digital modes or in another band, as the information is related to the station where it actually is
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
dl1clm
Advanced Class

Post by dl1clm »

The images did not get in place in this reply.
I wasn't able to delete it.

please see the next reply!
Last edited by dl1clm on 18 Jul 2018, 17:32, edited 4 times in total.
Optibeam OB 9-5
dl1clm
Advanced Class

Post by dl1clm »

Thank you Daniele for your answer.

I notice that my explanation was incomplete and I will therefore give a more detailed explanation here. I also added some pictures for that.

Recently there have been a number of amateur radio activities where you could work stations several times per band, in a different mode (CW Phone org Digital). for example: Cervant's activity, Antartic Activity, Wild Atlantic Way Activity and recently Russia Football 2018.

When I look at the Cluster (F9) image,
Cluster (F9).PNG
Cluster (F9).PNG (13.62 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
I see that, based on the color, I worked CT3HF already but not on 6M. Also based on the color I see that I worked UB5O/M 20 meter, The same band as the cluster is showing.

When I single click UB5O/M and look at the Call entry field (see image Call entry field) I see the text
WRKD SAME BAND
Call entry field.PNG
Call entry field.PNG (5.55 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
Now I have to Click on QSO Information (F7) to see the previous QSO to see the operating Mode
QSO Information  (F7)2.PNG
QSO Information (F7)2.PNG (6.01 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
I now see that I worked UB5O/M on 20 Meter with mode CW. The cluster entry is showing UB5O/M in mode PHONE. So I can work that station that will count for the Activity. It is not a DUPE because the operating mode is different.

If it is possible to add an extra Cluster color based on 'Station worked same band and same mode' it is very easy to see at the clustertab in my example That I worked UB5O/M already on 20 meter but not in the mode PHONE.

I hope this is a better explanation and will make sense to you now.

73 Dick DL1CLM
Optibeam OB 9-5