Grid square read from previous contacts

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
ta2nc
Novice Class

Grid square read from previous contacts

Post by ta2nc »

Hello,
Maybe it is there and needed to be turned on from somethere but couldnt find it.

I have a station that i qso'd before and his grid square information is already in my log.

When i make a new qso with him, it completes his name from external source(qrz etc) but, it doesnt complete the grid square.
Ok maybe it can not get it from qrz.com but i have this info from my previous qsos..
Isn't it better to get such info from previous qso logs (name grid etc)

Regards
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid square read from previous contacts

Post by G4POP »

No because he could have been /P or MM or from some other location
73 Terry G4POP
ta2nc
Novice Class

Post by ta2nc »

It was a strict no..wow :)

/P or /MM are not same with the main call..

User can update the grid if he needs to.

Anyway.. just my two cents..

oh8fks
Novice Class

Post by oh8fks »

This would be a nice improvement. This information, locator and other, is taken automatically from third sites (qrz.com), so I don't understand why your own log shouldn't be considered reliable. The fact of being /P or /MM doesn't change the situation. If you make a mistake in the locator, you would do it also by picking the wrong info from qrz.com.

Best way would be to have a "Edit as new" on the right-click menu of a QSO. Or even easier a "Copy to a new QSO" and the info of the QSO you click on are copied (except perhaps the date) in the form above.
F5PBL
New user

Post by F5PBL »

Hi all,

New to Log4OM, which I am discovering step by step.
I am also wishing for GridSquare info being populated from previous QSO entry. That would be great, definitely.
This information, locator and other, is taken automatically from third sites (qrz.com)
Online sites are not always correct for some of them. When there is no "user data provided", the record will be populated with a default grid info (e.g. reference point for the DXCC entity). So I am not a great fan of grid info taken from the internet.

Claude