Sending Comments to EQSL

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Sending Comments to EQSL

Post by W4EBB »

Problem is: Comment field in WSJT-X does not make it to EQSL

Reason: I use WSJT-X and JTAlert.
JTAlert sends QSO info to LOG4OM.
LOG4OM automatically sends QSO info to EQSL. There is no intervention.

EQSL does not use comment field. EQSL wants QSLMessage field.

My request to you is: Provide a switch that when turned on puts the comment field into the QSLMessage field before sending to EQSL.

Thanks
Charlie
W4EBB
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Re: Sending Comments to EQSL

Post by W4EBB »

Can someone please tell me the process on feature suggestions?

At some spot does someone say YES to this suggestion or NO and why. When does this happen?

Thanks

Charlie
W4EBB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you realise that version one has been on maintainence only for quiet a while so no new features to be added while we developed version 2

Version 2 was released earlier this month and we are currently fully occupied dealing with the shortcomings of JTalert and JTDX plus a few teething problems of our own.

This is probably why we missed your new feature request posted on Christmas eve, even though we worked right through Christmas!

So bottom line is no it won't be added to version 1 but we will explore the possibility once version 2 is more established.
73 Terry G4POP
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Terry:
I detect resentment in your response.

My apologies if my post caused that.

I appreciate all of the efforts of everyone who works on log4OM. I am a financial supporter.

I was not aware of you working thru Christmas. Or on version 2. Or on anything else.

I was simply asking a question and not deserving to be jumped on. You could have said "we are hot and heavy in a conversion and will look at your request when we can get to it". I would not of had an answer but at least I had a response.

Peace my friend!
Charlie
W4EBB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Charlie,
No resentment at all just an explanation why your post had not been responded to until your second post asking why we had not responded to a version 1 feature request
73 Terry G4POP