County, State, City should be on main screen included somewhere?

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

County, State, City should be on main screen included somewhere?

Post by KD0SGX »

I just think that you should be able to add the city, state, county somewhere on the main screen. I also would think that most will either leave the INFO tab up or the STATISTICS tab up, and I know we have hot keys, but would just like the city, state, county address possibly added to STATISTICS screen somehow. 2 cents.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (146.84 KiB) Viewed 16132 times
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: County, State, City should be on main screen included somewhere?

Post by KD0ZV »

You mean you as a user be able to add it? Or it should be displayed?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

KD0SGX wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 22:50 I just think that you should be able to add the city, state, county somewhere on the main screen. I also would think that most will either leave the INFO tab up or the STATISTICS tab up, and I know we have hot keys, but would just like the city, state, county address possibly added to STATISTICS screen somehow. 2 cents.
Look at infoF2 Tab. is that what you mean?

Aldo VA3AG
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

Yes I realized you just have to hit a tab but why can't you have that just on the main screen I want see it with everything that's on the main page already. I don't want to have to tab back and forth to the QRZ picture and his city state and county that makes sense?
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

KD0SGX wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 01:52 Yes I realized you just have to hit a tab but why can't you have that just on the main screen I want see it with everything that's on the main page already. I don't want to have to tab back and forth to the QRZ picture and his city state and county that makes sense?
Ok mike but as you can see it already a pretty busy UI.

Aldo VA3AG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

All you have to do is press the F2 key and its all there for you, up to you if you want always use it with the F2 tab displayed - One key stoke!
73 Terry G4POP
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

I think if you started a poll and asked people if they wanted to see the city-state and county and the QSL card photo on the same screen the answer would be overwhelmingly yes.
Sure hitting f2 back and forth every time it's fine.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

KD0SGX wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 23:34 I think if you started a poll and asked people if they wanted to see the city-state and county and the QSL card photo on the same screen the answer would be overwhelmingly yes.
Sure hitting f2 back and forth every time it's fine.
I would agree. For my operating style I never use F2, F3, F4 or F5 unless I want to see US state.

But state is currently somewhat overlooked in Log4OM as I am currently crying like a little school girl in another thread about getting state added to the cluster!

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K8JHR1
Novice Class

Post by K8JHR1 »

Coming late to the party, I, too, vote for seeing the other station's location as well as his name, call sign, and other data now shown on the main data entry screen. Who he is, and where he is, are important to know. Where he is should appear right up front.

Just my take. Thank you for considering my view. K8JHR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K8JHR1 wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 14:50 Coming late to the party, I, too, vote for seeing the other station's location as well as his name, call sign, and other data now shown on the main data entry screen. Who he is, and where he is, are important to know. Where he is should appear right up front.

Just my take. Thank you for considering my view. K8JHR
Thats why you have maps showing country, state etc and grid square with confirmation status etc even a photo in the main screen - There is only so much real estate available so some minor and duplicated info must be placed elsewhere.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (132.16 KiB) Viewed 13286 times
73 Terry G4POP