New LOG4OM user with suggestions ......

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
yt9tp
Old Man

Re: New LOG4OM user with suggestions ......

Post by yt9tp »

IW3HMH wrote:Hi Kumar, welcome aboard.
J85K wrote: 2) I also notice that only one QSO at a time can be entered. Under HRD, you could open several ALE/QSO windows under the 'ADD' function and close as necessary. This might something to consider if not too much trouble.
The QSO insert in Log4OM is strictly related to many functions in log4om itself, like lookups, maps, previous qso and country statistics. This is the main reason we have a single QSO input, linked with all features (rotator included). Adding "external" qso input screen is possible, but with reduced integration with the other items of the system
I found myself needing multiple QSO options. Thing is, when I monitor several stations waiting for propagations to enhance or pileup to easy down, I frequently switch from one frequency to another paying attention what is going on. Log4Om cannot follow me. It has only one QSO form and I can prefill it with info about one station only (name, qth, award or QSL info or similar). If I fail and click on a cluster item it erases all qso info I entered.

Multiple QSO forms would be very handy.

I understand problem of having it attached to all other functions of a program but maybe it could be solved in a manner that only one QSO form can be active (thus linked through the program) and other are inactive and unlinked until activated. the pint is that not full functionality of the form is needed, just an option to save custom data about each station we are listening, so we have it preserved for time when we make QSO.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I will think about that, but it's "out of current roadmap" so, if it's easy i will add in one of the next releases, if not i must ask you to wait a little bit more :)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

This almost sounds like a variation on the net control with pending stations, complete with band, frequency and mode in a pending pane ready to be dragged into the QSO pane when contacted and then logged.

The in depth mapping and lookup done only when the station is worked and finaly saved to the log.

A word of caution.

When Simon and I added the possibility of having multiple ALE windows open in HRD we found many users failed to close the inactive windows on program shutdown. When the program was reopened there we hang ups because over several sessions there was a build up of open ALE windows, sometimes as many as fifty.
73 Terry G4POP