Auto send of spot reports on QSO entry?

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Auto send of spot reports on QSO entry?

Post by NN7D »

I know the way to manually send a spot report, but is there a way to automatically send a spot once the ADD button is pressed to log a new QSO? On the cluster window at the bottom, there is another way to send a spot, but I have not found a way to make it happen automatically. I am not sure I would want this on at all times, but when working a lot of DX, or a contest, I find it cumbersome to send the report manually, before logging the contact, so I usually don't send it.

Thanks guys. Great product and discovering new things the program does everyday. Have converted two hams to using it in the last week!

Best regards,

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Auto send of spot reports on QSO entry?

Post by G4POP »

Doug,
I have moved your post to feature suggestions forum because automatic spotting is not available in the program at this time.

Personally I think this would have to be a user choice and also have a time out switch because of the real possibility of people spotting everyone they work which causes havoc and frustration to other users.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This is easy to do.
But it's a "fair" feature or will create more disturb than the advantage?

I can suggest spot in some cases, when the call is not already in the cluster and the ranking in the "most wanted" countries is below 100... as an idea...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Need some sort of control otherwise the idiot brigade will be spotting their next door neighbours and the local repeaters
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I oppose a "completely" auto-spot send.

A possible way may be a manually activated button (semi-auto) that would automatically send a spot if a rig is connected. It would auto-fill with the call, frequency and comment from the QSO window.

If a rig is not connected, the frequency could be incorrect. ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

K7PT wrote:I oppose a "completely" auto-spot send.
A possible way may be a manually activated button (semi-auto) that would automatically send a spot if a rig is connected. It would auto-fill with the call, frequency and comment from the QSO window.
If a rig is not connected, the frequency could be incorrect. ;)
Fully Agree on that.
btw Terry: i love the "IDIOT BRIGADE" definition :mrgreen:
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I agree, auto auto probably not wise. How about a single button which would log the spot AFTER you have logged the contact into the log? Would that make sense? During a contest, I just don't take the time because its a couple of clicks with comments, BEFORE you log the contact. My main focus is logging the contact, then on to the next.

Thanks!

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Actually there is a button, right to the callsign, that sends the spot for the ACTUAL callsign in the user interface.
I can make a button for a "later spotting" but could be confusing because you can have new informations on screen and a button that spots the previous call added... need to find a suitable way...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Perhaps have a timer for auto logging with a max of three hours?
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hey Daniele and Terry,

Working the bands today and tried to send a spot report AFTER logging the contact, and came up with an idea. How about adding the ability of going to your Recent QSO tab, right clicking on the last QSO worked, to expose the context sensitive menu, and have an option there to "Send Spot", when clicked on would bring up the yellow dialog to add comment and send. This would be the same dialog you have next to the normal Callsign field above?

I would love that feature.

Thanks!
Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA