Worked all Britain!!

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
g7rfo
Novice Class

Worked all Britain!!

Post by g7rfo »

Hi
I have just started using the logging prog and think it great, i noticed like most all the other logs on the awards section there is no wab award!.
maybe an addition of this with the relative devisions and areas may encourage more users!!

just a suggestion
Thanks for a great softwear :D
Rob g7rfo
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Worked all Britain!!

Post by G4POP »

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the forum and Log4om.

We will include WAB in the awards and there is discussion elsewhere on third forum about recording and display of WAB square information.

With out Net Control facility you can record WAB QSO's as SIG's (special interest group) contacts.

However plenty more to come and it's on our list

73 Terry G4POP
g7rfo
Novice Class

Post by g7rfo »

Thanks for the reply.
I found the other discussion after my post hi hi.
agn thanks
Rob g7rfo
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

I have an an ADIF file with "Worked All Britain" Data stored in two "user defined fields"; one field is for the Large Square e.g. SP and the other for the Small Square e.g SP83. Is it possible to import my log so that the data held in my "user defined fields" can be used to populate the Log4om Awards?
73 de David G4NVB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4NVB wrote:I have an an ADIF file with "Worked All Britain" Data stored in two "user defined fields"; one field is for the Large Square e.g. SP and the other for the Small Square e.g SP83. Is it possible to import my log so that the data held in my "user defined fields" can be used to populate the Log4om Awards?

What software does the data originate from?
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote:
G4NVB wrote:I have an an ADIF file with "Worked All Britain" Data stored in two "user defined fields"; one field is for the Large Square e.g. SP and the other for the Small Square e.g SP83. Is it possible to import my log so that the data held in my "user defined fields" can be used to populate the Log4om Awards?

What software does the data originate from?
HRD
73 de David G4NVB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi David,
The problem is that HRD will have saved it differently to the way we record the WAB awards.

As an example our record for a WAB reference could be WAB@SX26 CNL whereas the data that you have saved would be just SX or SX26 so just transferring the data won't provide the correct information to display the award results in Log4om.

How many WAB QSO's are there in the HRD log?

We may be able to do it with a couple of Custom update queries in the archive manager, but I would need to speak to Daniele about that.
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote: How many WAB QSO's are there in the HRD log?
Hello Terry,

Thank you for your reply. I have approx 500 WAB QSO's. I have just done a ADIF Export and can now see the format Log4om uses for storing the Award Information. With the ADIF / Excel utilities I have, I should be able to modify the data and then import the ADIF file.
73 de David G4NVB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi David,
Yes 500 is a few too many to do manually Hi

Let us know how you get on and if you run into trouble its possible that we can set up a custom update query but you would need to shift the HRD WAB references into either the ADIF comments or notes fields for that to work, because of course we can't access the HRD program specific fields directly from Log4om
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

Thanks again for your help Terry.
73 de David G4NVB