log entry when pressing enter / get LOC & distance from QRZ

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: log entry when pressing enter / get LOC & distance from

Post by G4POP »

yo3ipr wrote:Also, can anything be done on this point?

1) If I enter a callsign or prefix in the program with the intention of seeing if I have already worked that station or country, but then I mistakenly press enter, a log entry is created. Is it possible to stop the enter key from adding a log entry? or at least to show a confirmation pop up? I realize this may slow the program down for some users but perhaps an optional setting could be made available for this?

I am more than happy with LOG4OM, my suggestions are only aimed at fixing minor issues here and there that could make the program even better, for me at least.

73 de Tony YO3IPR / G4IPR
We provide compete keyboard operation part of which is "Enter/return" key to log the QSO but it might be possible to make this a user option at some future time.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

yo3ipr wrote:Hi Terry

I hope you are right that an XML subscription at QRZ will fix the locator lookup problem. I just signed up for that and it says it is active immediately (confirmed by email), but still no locator info on callsign entry, just the operator name, and address info (under extended and QSL info in the log entry field).

I am wondering if the last program update on LOG4OM could be responsible for this no longer working for me.

73 Tony YO3IPR / G4IPR

P.S
Tested using HAMQTH and that is getting the Locator OK. However, as I said earlier, this is no substitute for QRZ.com and I am not prepared to rely upon it.

QRZ stopped providing full information for Ham members when I worked with Simon Brown HB9DRV on HRD which was over two years ago because I have been involved with Log4OM for over two years.

The QRZ XML subscription will provide the full information but updates are slow during a contest weekend so it could take sometime for your subscription to activate.

Updating Log4OM will not have any effect on the lookup.
73 Terry G4POP
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Post by yo3ipr »

Thanks a lot Terry

OK about the interface option. A future user option would be great if possible.

I really appreciate the time you have given to help me today.

My LOG4OM XML lookups from QRZ.com are working now and am now getting full data.

I will email Fred regarding uploads. I am not sure but I think HRD has this option.

73 de Tony YO3IPR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No I am told categorically by Fred Lloyd that no software has this facility and that includes HRD if you can prove otherwise I would delight in calling Fred to task over this :D

I have pestered him and his staff about this since the QRZ logging faculty went live - See my posts on the QRZ forum for proof!
73 Terry G4POP