LOG4OM "worked/cfmd" grid shows only Confirmed not Validated

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

LOG4OM "worked/cfmd" grid shows only Confirmed not Validated

Post by yo3ipr »

In v1.17.0 the band confirmations that show next to the map on the main screen do not differentiate between between Confirmed (QSL) and Validated (LOTW or validated QSL). This differentiation is important for awards. Can this be updated? P.S I guess you could also use E for for eQSL only confirmations - but this is not so important. Thanks & 73 de Tony YO3IPR / G4IPR
Last edited by yo3ipr on 19 Apr 2014, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Please differentiate between Confirmed and Validated

Post by K7PT »

Confirmed means, you have received a QSL card from a station you had a contact with. Validated for a paper card means that you have taken that card to a ARRL Card Checker and the checker has approved the card for submission to the ARRL for DXCC credit. This process saves you from mailing the card to the ARRL.

In the case of a LOTW (match)/Confirmation, the status is automatically approved fro submission for Award credit. Just submitting the LOTW award credit application is all that is required.

Hope this clears it up for you. :)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Re: LOG4OM "worked/cfmd" grid shows only Confirmed not Valid

Post by yo3ipr »

Thanks but you are only telling me what I already know.

In the latest version of Log4OM, the grid showing if you have already worked a country on a given band or mode (on the main screen to the right of the map) now shows either W or C for bands / modes already worked or confirmed, but it does not have an option to show "Validated". This was my request, to show when a band / mode has been "Validated" either by LOTW or by manual submission to a card checker or ARRL. Right now it can not differentiate between them.

Thanks & 73 de Tony YO3IPR / G4IPR

P.S
I have updated the subject to better explain the post :)
Last edited by yo3ipr on 19 Apr 2014, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Actually we only show a confirmation. Validation is an "award specific" information and will not shown on "general purpose" screen (someone could ask for IOTA validation as example....)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Post by yo3ipr »

OK Danielle, I am sure that DXCC is by far the most used awards program of all and it would be useful to see the validation info there, and the information is of course within the program. Perhaps you could consider this as a useful addition. IOTA would never be possible since it is not looking only at countries & modes and I guess the same would be true of many other specialized awards. Thanks & 73 Tony YO3IPR / G4IPR