Reduction of minimum width in column header before it wraps

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

Reduction of minimum width in column header before it wraps

Post by VK7XX »

I have noticed that the minimum column width when column headers are edited, are still too wide, for example... I have changed the Column header from RST Sent to RST S then, when I try to alter that columns width, I get to around 9 characters wide and any less, the letter S then automatically 'wraps' making the header height double height. Can this be changed so that the column width does not wrap until the border becomes too small to hold the actual title ???? (did I explain that so it is understandable??)

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Reduction of minimum width in column header before it wr

Post by G4POP »

Hi John,
Yes you explained it fine but I can narrow my columns to the width of the text, see image below where my "Sent" & "Rcvd" is probably narrower than your RST S because its upper and lower case?

What screen resolution do you use for your monitor, I am using 1440 x 900 on my 20 inch monitor?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.01 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: Reduction of minimum width in column header before it wr

Post by VK7XX »

Hello Terry. Thanks for the image.. I can see by the height of the column heading 'bar' that somewhere along the line you do have a wrap because the bar is twice has high as it needs to be. I have tried reducing my column widths and yes, any headings that do not have spaces in them are able to have the width reduced down, but headings with a space in it anywhere do wrap well before the column comes any where near the right most character in the heading. I will try to include a screen shot of a section of my recent qso window.. It shows absolute minimum widths before wrap.... If I move the margin line one micron further to the left, the S or the R wraps.

And for info, my screen res is 4096 x 1152 using dual monitors as a single screen.
Recent QSO VK7XX
Recent QSO VK7XX
l4om-1.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
<added by edit> PS.. I can 'trick' the auto wrap by adding in a full stop as in RST.S etc etc but it would be nice if this wasn't necessary