Label Print and Cluster

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Label Print and Cluster

Post by VK7CW »

Hi and many thanks for the great program. I have been using it for a month now and think I have most things sorted out. It has been a huge learning curve coming from HRD, but well worth it.

I am very active and make quite a lot of QSOs so I have certainly given the program a good workout. I must admit it was hard at first but I persevered and now wouldn't use anything else and feel very competent in using the log. Again well done on a super program.

However I have found a couple of things that I would like to bring to your attention.

Firstly the QSL management is great and so is the label print, except for one thing. No matter what I do the labels always print out the time in AM or PM. I have read the Manual and can find nowhere to change this. If this is not user changeable can I make a suggestion that the labels are printed in the normal 24hr utc format as they are in the log.

My second suggestion is regarding the cluster. If a station is spotted more than once, only the latest spot is shown, and the information from all previous spots is shown in the Other Info tab. Now I can appreciate that some users might like this feature. Personally, I like to read each spot and see them as they come in. Also the way I have my windows set up I have to scroll across to the Other Info tab and then hold the cursor over it to see the information, which is a bit annoying. Is there any way in future versions that this feature can be turned on and off so users that like it can still access it and users who do not like it can turn it off so all spots are shown.

Which brings me to my next suggestion. Most windows on the program have a layout button where you can select and edit what is shown in each window. Is it possible to have this for the cluster? I know that we can slide the columns across to hide certain columns, but it would be nice to have the option of selecting which column you want to see. Personally I am not interested in the Rank or Other Info if my suggestion above is implemented.

Sorry if these points have been raised before, but as the feature suggestion Topic is here I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Thanks again from a very happy user.

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Print and Cluster

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:Firstly the QSL management is great and so is the label print, except for one thing. No matter what I do the labels always print out the time in AM or PM. I have read the Manual and can find nowhere to change this. If this is not user changeable can I make a suggestion that the labels are printed in the normal 24hr utc format as they are in the log
You windows time setting is what controls the AM/PM display, change it in windows and it will change it in label print
My second suggestion is regarding the cluster. If a station is spotted more than once, only the latest spot is shown, and the information from all previous spots is shown in the Other Info tab. Now I can appreciate that some users might like this feature. Personally, I like to read each spot and see them as they come in. Also the way I have my windows set up I have to scroll across to the Other Info tab and then hold the cursor over it to see the information, which is a bit annoying. Is there any way in future versions that this feature can be turned on and off so users that like it can still access it and users who do not like it can turn it off so all spots are shown.
No this is not planned but have you tried the cluster display in utilities?
Which brings me to my next suggestion. Most windows on the program have a layout button where you can select and edit what is shown in each window. Is it possible to have this for the cluster? I know that we can slide the columns across to hide certain columns, but it would be nice to have the option of selecting which column you want to see. Personally I am not interested in the Rank or Other Info if my suggestion above is implemented.
This is on our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

You windows time setting is what controls the AM/PM display, change it in windows and it will change it in label print
Well that was easily fixed. Can I suggest that this is included in the manual as I would never have known or found this otherwise
No this is not planned but have you tried the cluster display in utilities?
In the Utilities tab I have a 'Cluster' tab but not a 'Cluster Display' tab. Clicking on 'Cluster' brings up the large cluster window. What am I looking for? Am I missing something?
This is on our Mantis list
Great
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

In the Utilities tab I have a 'Cluster' tab but not a 'Cluster Display' tab. Clicking on 'Cluster' brings up the large cluster window. What am I looking for? Am I missing something?
There are three tabs one of which is DX Spots F2 I just thought this might be easier for you to use with the filters hidden you would have no need to scroll
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-04-29 07.34.02.png
Screenshot 2014-04-29 07.34.02.png (127.78 KiB) Viewed 5892 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Thanks Terry,

OK I understand now. Not really easier as I still have to move my cursor over the other info tab to get the information. My cluster only shows a single line. I can drag the line out to show the other info, but as soon as another spot comes in the line goes back to single spacing. Not sure if there is a way of changing the single line spacing/setting? I see on your example that the W1AW spots are spaced out but mine only shows a single line. I have to hold the cursor over it for a box to come up. Or like I said if I drag out the single line it goes straight back when next spot comes in.

I suppose if it is not planned to be fixed I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for your help anyway

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:Thanks Terry,

OK I understand now. Not really easier as I still have to move my cursor over the other info tab to get the information. My cluster only shows a single line. I can drag the line out to show the other info, but as soon as another spot comes in the line goes back to single spacing. Not sure if there is a way of changing the single line spacing/setting? I see on your example that the W1AW spots are spaced out but mine only shows a single line. I have to hold the cursor over it for a box to come up. Or like I said if I drag out the single line it goes straight back when next spot comes in.

I suppose if it is not planned to be fixed I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for your help anyway

73 de Steve VK7CW
It might be possible to get the row depth adjusted I will ask Daniele
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Terry,

If we had the ability to adjust the row depth to show all the info and the ability to adjust the layout as previously discussed this would be great.

Thanks again.

73 de Steve VK7CW
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Steve,

I might add that with the Cluster display, either the F9 tab version in the main program window, or the DX Spots F2 version in the separate Cluster display, you can adjust the column widths. So if you don't want to see the Rank column, you can collapse it to nothing and save the horizontal space. This adjustment is persistent after closing and re-opening the program.

Personally, I use the separate Cluster window and F2 tab on an adjacent monitor, as I normally have the main program window on the Cluster Scanner tab.

I hope that helps,

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA