Cluster F9 - the last spot wins

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
dk2lo
Old Man

Cluster F9 - the last spot wins

Post by dk2lo »

I mentioned the following behaviour in the cluster F9. If there is the same call on the same band with different modes simultaneously, e. g. in CW and in SSB only the last spot wins and supersedes the other spot. Only one mode is shown though 2 stations are on the same band with different modes active at the same time. This happens regulary with the big DXpeditions or currently the W1AW/n stations.

Would be nice to save the spots by mode.

73 Olaf - DK2LO
73 Olaf DK2LO
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Cluster F9 - the last spot wins

Post by IW3HMH »

2 stations with the same callsign on the same band?
never saw before... but my experience working big DX Expeditions is poor... :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Please inform us as to how you have your F9 filters set.

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Daniele,

yes, big DXpeditions often establish a SSB-camp and a CW-camp if the space on the DXCC entity permits. They use filters to be able to work with different stations (CW, SSB or DIG) on the same band. Also big Multi-Multi contest stations do this.
Currently the ARRL centennial stations W1AW/n sometimes do the same.
So currently only one mode is shown for one callsign in the current F9 window...
I realized this because I was runnung a seperate DX-Cluster RXCLUS here.

Hi Chuck,

my filters are just CW and SSB on, see Attachment. I thiink this is not the problem.

73 Olaf
Attachments
F9-Filter.JPG
F9-Filter.JPG (19.44 KiB) Viewed 6700 times
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

dk2lo wrote:I mentioned the following behaviour in the cluster F9. If there is the same call on the same band with different modes simultaneously, e. g. in CW and in SSB only the last spot wins and supersedes the other spot. Only one mode is shown though 2 stations are on the same band with different modes active at the same time. This happens regulary with the big DXpeditions or currently the W1AW/n stations.

Would be nice to save the spots by mode.

73 Olaf - DK2LO

Olaf,
Which DX Cluster do you use?
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

I am using the DX-cluster postprozessor RXCLUS by Robert HB9BZA. This Software is very useful, it allows the configuration of several parameters, so that you get what you need. See website http://www.hb9bza.net

I am normally logged in to DB0SUE-7 in Flensburg just south of the borfer to OZ.

73 Olaf
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

I am using the DX-cluster postprozessor RXCLUS by Robert HB9BZA. This Software is very useful, it allows the configuration of several parameters, so that you get what you need. See website http://www.hb9bza.net

I am normally logged in to DB0SUE-7 in Flensburg just south of the borfer to OZ.

73 Olaf

If I understand correctly you use the RXCLUS software to configure the responses from DBOSUE-7 and then you connect Log4om directly to DBOSUE-7?

Or do you connect Log4om to the RXCLUS software which is connected to DBOSUE-7?

What happens if you use a normal cluster that has not had filters applied by RXCLUS?
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

I am running RXCLUS simultaneously and independent of LOG4OM. With RXCLUS I am normally logged on to DB0SUE-7, in LOG4OM I use one of the DX-clusters which is in the LOG4OM list, mostly the 1st one. But I think this does not matter.

When I saw in RXCLUS that there the DX-station is stll on a mode/band I need but LOG4OM cluster has already overwritten this info, I have to manually change the QRG and mode because the CAT can only support LOG4OM or RXCLUS and I am normally with Omnirig on LOG4OM.

With RXCLUS I have the option to only show me DXCCs/modes I still need and special callsigns I am looking for, e. g. Antarctic bases for WAP award or others.

I dont know if there would be the chance to get a software integration of both programs, probably too difficult.

For me it would be a big help if LOG4OM F9 would not overwrite modes of Calls on the same band.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

I am running RXCLUS simultaneously and independent of LOG4OM. With RXCLUS I am normally logged on to DB0SUE-7, in LOG4OM I use one of the DX-clusters which is in the LOG4OM list, mostly the 1st one. But I think this does not matter.

When I saw in RXCLUS that there the DX-station is stll on a mode/band I need but LOG4OM cluster has already overwritten this info, I have to manually change the QRG and mode because the CAT can only support LOG4OM or RXCLUS and I am normally with Omnirig on LOG4OM.

With RXCLUS I have the option to only show me DXCCs/modes I still need and special callsigns I am looking for, e. g. Antarctic bases for WAP award or others.

I dont know if there would be the chance to get a software integration of both programs, probably too difficult.

For me it would be a big help if LOG4OM F9 would not overwrite modes of Calls on the same band.
If RXCLUS can connect to CAT why not use a VSP splitter/Pair and connect RXCLUS and Omnirig to that - I do that with A few programs sharing the VSP?
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Good idea! I never heard before about VSP. Is this a software (perhaps virtual serial port ???) or a hardware? Could you send me a link?
73 Olaf DK2LO