Moving the clock feature outside of the 'F1' tab ...

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
J85K
Advanced Class

Moving the clock feature outside of the 'F1' tab ...

Post by J85K »

I would like to suggest for version 2 of log4OM, to consider moving the 'clock counter' feature for QSO capture outside of the 'QSO info (F1) tab to a position that is to the right of the ADD / CLR buttons.

Such a revision would allow for any tab selection for F1 to F6 tabs, with the Clock feature always being available for input and capture per QSO. For Instance, I can invoke the Extended info and QSL (F4) to view that information while being able to view the clock counter and have the 'Start to Current time (orange button) available for reset.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Moving the clock feature outside of the 'F1' tab ...

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, something like that is planned for V2, and i've some "thoughts" about current major version.
Our main issue (or, better, choice) is to keep Log4OM compatible with small sized monitors (aka ultramobile pc) with reduced resolution.
This is a problem, because actually limits the available space.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Ciao Daniele,

I understand the requirment to run under aka ultramobile pc environment, but due to all log4om functionalities (we like all of them !) this requirement could be a restriction to raodmap evolution

I personally think that this restriction could be relaxed in the future considering the OMs station setup.

let me know if I am missing something in your requirement ! :D
73 de Don IK2EGL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Ciao Don,
yes, it could be a restriction, but we currently have users that plays with Log4OM while activating castles, islands and other nice places (i'm one of them sometime).
We did a survey, some months ago, on this forum to collect informations about current user resolutions, and following those informations we already increased the minimum size to the current one (800x600 was not used anymore :) ).
We'll check that in the future once again, but i don't want to loose a single user for that choice. Call it a form of "respect" :)

lele
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Hi Lele thanks for answer and fine for your democratic approach :D
It is not easy to accomplish all needs and evolutions , I understand

A possible solution could be (I do not know it the software platform you are using enable it) to permit user to switch between a light (ie, minimal portable interface) and heavy (fixed pc station, full field and functionalities enabled) interface.

I mean in a mobile station you need a fast and minimal sw and interface (a "log and go" interface , contest like, portable) while in a fixed station you have perhaps a desktop, external monitor (s), internet connectivity, rotators, statistical check, qsl management etc etc..).
:D
73 de Don IK2EGL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, this is planned for Version 2.0, but i've some ideas on how to implement in the current one, but this will require some days of calm... maybe this summer... :)