Custom filters

Here we will provide support for developers working on integration
AJ1DM
Novice Class

Custom filters

Post by AJ1DM »

My general question is where can I find information on how to use custom filters, e.g., in Recent QSO's. I've looked through the manual and through this forum and can't find any info on this subject.

More specifically, I'd like to be able to filter my QSO's that lasted longer than 20 minutes. It seems to me all the info to do that is captured in Log4OM: QSO start and end date and time. But when I use the expression (TimeOff - TimeOn) >= 20:00 the filter returns no results.

If I use (TimeOff - TimeOn) >=2000, I get results but they don't make sense. I pull out qso's that lasted both longer and shorter than 20 minutes and I leave behind qso's that lasted both longer and shorter than 20 minutes!

What are the units that TimeOff and TimeOn return? Can I add and subtract those units? Am I trying to do something that is outside the capability of Log4OM?

If I can do the Time math, then I'll need to do something similar with the QSO start and end dates (to accommodate qso's that span 2359 to 0001). So what are the units of the Date equivalents?

Thanks and 73.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Custom filters

Post by G4POP »

AJ1DM wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 02:44 My general question is where can I find information on how to use custom filters, e.g., in Recent QSO's. I've looked through the manual and through this forum and can't find any info on this subject.
I assume that you are referring to the 'Search parameters' facility because the custom filters are in the cluster F9 window? if so you cannot achieve your goal in 'Search parameters
More specifically, I'd like to be able to filter my QSO's that lasted longer than 20 minutes. It seems to me all the info to do that is captured in Log4OM: QSO start and end date and time. But when I use the expression (TimeOff - TimeOn) >= 20:00 the filter returns no results.
The only way to achieve this is posibly by using the QSO archive manager and applying a regex expression in the 'Field update/Custom update query' facility, but I warn you to proceed with caution unless you thoroughly understand what you are doing and be sure to make a backup before doing anything!
73 Terry G4POP
AJ1DM
Novice Class

Re: Custom filters

Post by AJ1DM »

I have obviously not explained myself clearly. I'm not trying to do anything with clusters. And I'm not trying to alter any data. I am simply trying to temporarily adjust which of my qso's are displayed in the Recent QSO's tab. See the attached explanation with screen shots. Hopefully the pictures will do a better job than my words.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Log4OM filters issue.pdf
(155.93 KiB) Downloaded 619 times