US Counties Award and DOK award

Moderator: OE6CLD

gi4fue
Advanced Class

US Counties Award and DOK award

Post by gi4fue »

I recently imported my whole log from another logging program, including the primary and secondary states/counties/doks/wab references. They show if i look at a qso under update qso, but are not showing on the statistics/award utility. how do i update L4OM to show these in the awards tab of the statistics (other than manually hopefully!)

73 de Charlie GI4FUE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: US Counties Award and DOK award

Post by G4POP »

Hi Charlie,
When you say they are showing in update QSO what fields are they showing in? Perhaps post a screenshot here.

Taking the last one first, "WAB", there is not an ADIF field for this so programs record the reference in different ways, mostly by using program specific fields or putting the reference into the comments or notes fields so that one will take some working out!

If you email me the ADIF file that you imported I will take a look
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Charlie,

the DOK list for the german DLD award contains more than 1000 "official" DOK and each year we have a lot of "special DOK" which are aktiv for a month or up to a year. The DLD award isn´t a part of the awards programs in L4O and so it would not be show´n in the award stats. Second problem ist that there is no DOK field in ADIF specs, so if you have written the DOK´s in the comment field the stats don´t working. I know only one logger with an own DOK field to check an that´s Hamoffice. Some other contest loggers have implemented DOK as multiplier for some DARC contests but there´s also no specific DOK field.

:cry: :cry:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
gi4fue
Advanced Class

Post by gi4fue »

Hi Guys

I imported the ADIF from DxKeeper, this lets you input the DOK, State, county or any other primary or secondary administrative subdivision - eg DOK for DL, RDA for RU, Okres for OK etc.
On looking at an individual qso in L4OM update QSO, it has the US State and county shown, but when i go to award management (stats and awards - awards - others - USA-CA) ,it does not show up on the list.
I presume that any awards not in the awards - others list is not supported at all unless someone were to write an award definition file.

Terry - I'll send you the adif to your personal email

73 de Charlie GI4FUE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Charlie,
I checked your ADIF and the problem is two-fold!

1. The ADIF specification that DXKeeper is saving the data in is ADIF 2.0 which is really old and many new fields have been added in the later ADIF specifications, we are currently using the latest ADIF 3.04

2. As a result of 1 above the data that you are having issues with is being saved by DXKeeper in 'application specific' fields within the ADIF, at a quick count the ADIF that you sent me had 12 – 15 of these fields!

Application specific fields are just that, dedicated to DXKeeper and not for interchange to fields in other software.

So as an example in your ADIF one of the fields is <APP_DXKeeper_DOK:3>F03

“App” indicates its an application specific field
“DXKeeper” tells us which program its specific to
“DOK” says that this is the DOK award data
“F03” is the data contained in that field (The DOK reference)

The problem is where should Log4om save this information? And how does Log4om convert the data (F03) to Log4om award data which would be something like this DOK@F03

There really is nothing that you can do other than manually updating every QSO relevant to the DXKeeper application specific fields but this would be a terrible job especially because the data saved in these application specific fields is not just WAB and DOK and that sort of information but also DXCC information!

We however have to do two things!

1. We need one of our guys, “CLAUS!" To make a DOK award so that we have somewhere to send the incoming data to

2. We need to provide a special import routine to translate the DXKeeper ADIF files to the latest ADIF format and also to cross match to our own application specific fields.

I will email Claus and ask him to get on the case and I will also add item 2 to our Mantis list.

I am sorry that the news is not good for you but it has made us aware of the DXKeeper export deficiencies so that we can do something about it, because there will be other users that encounter this issue.

We need a user with in depth knowledge of the DOK awards to liaise with Claus - Can anyone help?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Well, to be honest there is not a dedicated field for doing that in the ADIF protocol.
For this reason, Log4OM itself uses a special field, not supported by ADIF and exported as "APP" specific field.
Import from this field will require a special routine on data import, but it's easy to do (better if we identify all specific fields that needs to be imported, so i can change it once)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH