LofW DXCC auto update of Credit Awarded?

Moderator: OE6CLD

NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

LofW DXCC auto update of Credit Awarded?

Post by NN7D »

This has probably been asked before, but a quick search of this section found nothing. I am just getting into DXCC LotW awards being granted. Is there currently any way to download the "granted" status from LotW into Log4OM and have that automatically be updated in the Awards/DXCC status for each qso involved? If not, has this been considered? Of course, this would rely on LotW to provide that information in their download routines and file structure, if it does not already exist.

A review of the Log4OM manual sort of indicated that there was some automatic way of updating award credit for DXCC, on page 113 of the manual at the bottom of the page, it states "Statistics Awards tab. Some of the above actions can be achieved automatically in the Statistics awards tab, please refer to the relevant section of this manual." Checking the Awards tab, I find no hint of an automatic way of updating the submitted and granted status. Did I miss something?

Thanks for any information on this!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K7PT
Old Man

Re: LofW DXCC auto update of Credit Awarded?

Post by K7PT »

Go to QSL Tools>QSL Management and select the LOTW button. Then click the download and enter a start date back to the beginning of your log.

The download will now update all Award status for each QSL reported by LOTW. :lol:
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

K7PT wrote:Go to QSL Tools>QSL Management and select the LOTW button. Then click the download and enter a start date back to the beginning of your log.

The download will now update all Award status for each QSL reported by LOTW. :lol:
Thanks Chuck! I was hoping that capability existed. I did as you suggested and all my credits were updated automatically! Thanks Lele and gang for such a great program!

The only reason I did not get those downloads the first time was the date I was using was not early enough. Will have to go back to the manual and re-read the awards section, see if I missed it.

Thanks again!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Terry,

After reviewing the manual in the awards section, I could not find any reference to the auto update of credits given. In fact, on page 123, it states that there are two methods for updating the status of a QSO award credit in Log4OM. Both methods use a manual update of the qso record. Wouldn't that be a good place to mention that downloading from LotW with an early date set before the first qso given credit will update the credit granted status in Log4OM?

Thanks,

Doug - W7DRM

Edit: I did find a reference to auto updating from LotW on page 122, but if was a conditional reference for "If a lack of verified countries appears after importing an ADIF from another program..." then do this... Not really obvious for the general situation of downloading from LotW.

Thanks.
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
AG4F
Novice Class

Post by AG4F »

This does not appear to work for WAS. Am I missing something, or do I need to manually update all my ADIF imported records to change from "V" to "G" status?

73 - David, AG4F
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

WAS is not a DXCC award and as I do not apply for any WAS credits, I don't know if they are downloadable.

I'm guessing that WAS credits are manually done. :roll:
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"