award missing in drop-down list

Moderator: OE6CLD

HB9BRJ
Old Man

award missing in drop-down list

Post by HB9BRJ »

Currently I'm entering hundreds of historic QSO records including award data from paper QSL cards. For Germany (DLD) and France (DDFM) this worked fine, but with Switzerland (H26) I have encountered a major issue:

On the "Club and Awards" (F3) tab, the awards shown in the drop-down list are not consistent, despite the fact I have entered a valid HB9... callsign. Initially the list showed these awards: ACA, ARLHS, H26, WAE, WFF and WORLD_CASTLES. More and more frequently now ACA and H26 are not shown any more.

My only workaround is to enter "H26@..." manually into the "QSO Awards" column of the QSO Archive.

What determines which awards are offered in the drop-down list?

73, Markus HB9BRJ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: award missing in drop-down list

Post by IW3HMH »

each award can be seen in the award manager menu.
each award has a checklist with DXCC, and will appear on every call that matches the DXCC flagged in the award country list.
if an award doesn't have country flag set will appear on every callsign.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

Thank you for your reply. Problem solved (was a user problem, not a software problem):

H26 award accepts contacts after 1998-01-01, as shown in the "Valid from" date. Consequently Log4OM does not offer the award in the drop-down list if the QSO date is earlier than the "Valid from" date. This explains the seemingly erratic behaviour when entering data from very old QSO cards, some of them within the award period, others outside the award period.

73, Markus HB9BRJ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HB9BRJ wrote:Thank you for your reply. Problem solved (was a user problem, not a software problem):

H26 award accepts contacts after 1998-01-01, as shown in the "Valid from" date. Consequently Log4OM does not offer the award in the drop-down list if the QSO date is earlier than the "Valid from" date. This explains the seemingly erratic behaviour when entering data from very old QSO cards, some of them within the award period, others outside the award period.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

Thanks for letting us know what the cause was, so many users don't do that unfortunately
73 Terry G4POP