Merging SOTA CSV files

Moderator: OE6CLD

VK4JAZ
Novice Class

Merging SOTA CSV files

Post by VK4JAZ »

Hi,

I have tried to merge my SOTA CSV files into Log4OM. I am a new user of this logging software and have imported my complete log over successfully, however, I'd also like to include my SOTA logs. I have all the basic logging details already loaded into my new Log4OM database and have downloaded my SOTA CSV files to my computer desktop.
When trying to merge them using the following: Utilities > Statistics and Awards > Awards > SOTA > Import SOTA CSV, and then load up my CSV file and hit the button Merge/Import. What happens is that it imports and doesn't merge. This means I have duplicate entries for these QSOs. I did watch a You Tube video that explained how to do this but in that video the final button to hit was simple Merge. So my version of the software (the latest) doesn't have just merge, but merge or import.
So how do I go about merging existing SOTA contacts into my new log? Alternatively, how do I go about deleting duplicates?

Regards
Grant VK4JAZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Merging SOTA CSV files

Post by G4POP »

For the data you tried to merge to have created duplicates there must have been some variation of data, like date, time, band or mode etc.

Please send me the ADIF file that you originally imported into Log4OM and also the CSV download from the SOTA database by email so that I can find out what is happening.
73 Terry G4POP
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

Hi Grant

I removed duplicates with an external database tool such as the free Database Browser by etl-tools.com, accessing the Log4OM SQLite database directly. The Log table contains a column called QsoId which is a timestamp indicating when a QSO was added. By sorting the table on QsoId it should be easy to identify the second mass import and delete all those QSOs. Good luck!

73, Markus HB9BRJ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Grant,
I have received your files had a quick look at them and I can immediately see the issue!

The xlog ADIF does not have any bands listed - Only frequencies

Whereas the SOTA CSV download contains bands, not frequencies

We need to match the date, time band and mode for merging, if one is missing we think its a new QSO so we import it - This is what caused your dupes

In Log4OM we can bulk update the band by using the frequencies as a reference and we can also add the DXCC numbers and country names by using the call signs, these were also missing from the xlog file

However its 01.15 hrs here now, so I am going to bed, but I will do all your imports, updates and merges for you tomorrow and return an sqlite database and ADIF backup file to you sometime tomorrow
73 Terry G4POP