WWFF Award

Moderator: OE6CLD

f4bkt
Advanced Class

WWFF Award

Post by f4bkt »

Hi,

Following a wrong move, I've lost all references WWFF.
I also tried an update but nothing change.

Where can I find the csv file for this award?

Thanks for your help.
73's F4BKT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WWFF Award

Post by G4POP »

Email me and I will send the award so that you can import it into the award manager
73 Terry G4POP
f4bkt
Advanced Class

Post by f4bkt »

Hi Terry

I've send you my adress.

Thank's for your help.

73's Phil
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I need some help with the Awards Import References.

The WFF award is missing many KFF-xxxx units. Only KFF-0001 through KFF-0898 are included when in fact they go through KFF-3334.

I bring up the Awards Manager. Select WFF and the edit button. I see the Program displayed in the first tab "Award Program". I see on the Awards Reference tab the existing units including the KFF-0001 through KFF-0898.

I go to the Import References tab, select my file, select the delimiter, check Merge and then "Import file". My file contains only lines that do not exist in the current award. I see the progress bar go and the list box list the lines as they are imported. No errors. Last line says:
date - time and "Activation Manager MASSIVE IMPORT complete".

Back on the Awards References tab I now see the new units listed and listed in the proper alpha-numeric located position in the list.

Back up top I click the Diskette button (Do younger folks know what that is hi hi?!), the cursor changes to the wait cursor for a period of time so it appears to be doing something, then I click the title bar X to close the Awards Manager.

Now back on the main Log4Om, F3 the same units are presented under the WFF. The new ones are not there. Back to the Awards Manager and the units I added are not there any longer. A program restart doesn't help. I've done this a few times now.

In my C:\users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\Awards folder, I do not see a file for WFF. (I do see one for NPOTA from where I added some units back in Nov. individually, not using the import method).

What am I doing wrong?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Don't think you have updated the awards in Log4om because they are all there for me!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (178.85 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
Another thought did you wait until the spinning circle had stopped, loading thousands of references does take a long time
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thanks Terry. My list shows the same as yours, up to KFF-0898. The problem is they go up into the thousands (KFF-3334).

Yes the wait cursor completes and switches back to the normal cursor. I get the MASSIVE IMPORT complete message. I see the newly added units on the Reference tab. I press the Diskette button to save and the curse goes to Wait and back to Normal. I just ran through the sequence again.

I exit and come right back into Awards Manager and the added References are not there.

While testing this again I did notice something odd that might be a hint. After importing the new references, verifying that they are added to the list on the Awards Reference tab, I put the focus back on the Awards Program tab. All looks fine. I click the Diskette save button, get the wait cursor. After cursor returns to normal, data on the Awards Program tab is all cleared; no Award ID Code, etc. Maybe a hint? I can't select a different program (file) up top either, the only buttons up top that are active are Save and Abort. Now clicking the Save button, the Wait cursor only flashes for a brief second before returning to normal.

Also note that closing the dialog with the title bar X does not prompt with the Exit before saving popup ("Unsaved changes warning", "You have some unsaved changes in this activation. Proceed?" as it does if I do try to exit without saving.

Maybe I can send you my import file?

Mike
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm updating the references.
It's a long process since the original file doesn't have the DXCC code, but only the "prefix" and log4om needs to retrieve dxcc number from code, and sometimes doesn't work due possible dupes.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

WFF list updated. Wait for automatic download or force the awards database list update.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

UPDATE!! I didn't wait long enough. After writing the below post I did receive a pop dialog indicating the update was complete and now the new References show. Thank you!

(Was I doing something wrong in my original import approach?)

Grateful for the excellent support and logger software.
Mike / KA4CDN

Maybe it is me and I'm doing something wrong but I am still just showing through KFF-898.
I forced an update:
Settings->Awards Database->Download Updates
I get the confirmation window: "Confirm AWARDS update download?" to which I press the Yes button.
I get no indication that anything is happening so I'm not sure if it completes OK or not.
I go to the WWFF contact I made a few days ago to update the Reference (KFF-3005) and it is not there. I shut down and restart Log4OM and still it is not there.

Are these kept in a file somewhere that I can check or in the database?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Patience is a virtue :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP