Utilities - Awards - DXCC Mixed

Moderator: OE6CLD

VE4DXR
Advanced Class

Utilities - Awards - DXCC Mixed

Post by VE4DXR »

When I look down the list i see dxcc that are not confirmed or Verified by LOTW. However, when go into Show QSL I see one qso that was verified by LOTW "V" . What am i missing in the settings?
After a LOTW Download does log4om need to be restarted for the update to take effect?
73 Lee VE4DXR windows 10.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Utilities - Awards - DXCC Mixed

Post by G4POP »

VE4DXR wrote:When I look down the list i see dxcc that are not confirmed or Verified by LOTW. However, when go into Show QSL I see one qso that was verified by LOTW "V" . What am i missing in the settings?
Without actually seeing your database and having access to the specific QSO you refer to it is impossible to answer your question, you might have made an error in the entry or perhaps misinterpreted the data or perhaps imported data was corrupt?
After a LOTW Download does log4om need to be restarted for the update to take effect?
No just refresh the recent QSO window
73 Terry G4POP
VE4DXR
Advanced Class

Post by VE4DXR »

Here is an example of the LOTW V and "RED" in the DXCC Mixed list. See attachment. Sorry dont know how to paste a Snipping Tool capture yet. 73 Lee
Attachments
BANABA.PNG
BANABA.PNG (57.75 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Even on my 24 inch monitor your screen shot is too small for me to see

Send me a bug report from the help menu and include an ADIF file of your logbook - Reference it to this forum post also
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

For the benefit of all users VE4DXR sent me his support request and ADIF file and this was my reply to him after investigating his issue.

"I have used your configuration to exactly replicate your set up on a Windows 10 machine, I then imported your ADIF backup file so that I am seeing exactly what you have on your screen.

Although I have not checked every call in the call sign error list that you sent me, I have checked approximately half of the calls that you listed and cannot identify any issue, I believe that you are using and interpreting the statistics and awards facility incorrectly.

If you want to see your DXCC achievement you should view the Utilities/Statistics & Awards and then select the Awards tab followed by the DXCC tab - Select the award you are interested in from the drop down list e.g. Mixed, Phone, CW, Challenge etc this provides an accurate view of your award and the worked/confirmed/verified status of each country/mode for DXCC as shown below.
Mellish1.jpg
Mellish1.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
It seems that instead you are viewing the 'Country Status' window which displays an overall view of all countries status depending on what you selected from the 'ACTUAL VIEW' drop down menu at the bottom of the window i.e. Worked Status, QSL status, eqsl status, LOTW status or combined QSL and LOTW status.

Using one of your supposed errors as an example I show below the status for Mellish Reef in 'Worked Status' view

1. The main green box to the left of the country name indicates the country has been worked and confirmed on at least one of the bands and one of the modes

2. When opening that folder for Mellish Reef you are presented by two red boxes with a further ivory coloured box below each one, the red boxes for 12m and the other for 15m and the ivory boxes for SSB and CW respectively

The red band boxes indicate that you have worked Mellish Reef on 12 & 15M but not on all modes (Phone, CW & Digital) had you worked the country on a band using all three modes then the band colour would change to Green. Clicking on the ivory boxes causes the display of those stations worked for the band and mode
Mellish.jpg
Mellish.jpg (102.57 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
If you now change the ACTUAL VIEW to QSL & LOTW Status you will see below that the display has changed to show that you have Mellish Reef Verified on 12m SSB and 15m CW either by paper QSL or LOTW
Mellish2.jpg
Mellish2.jpg (112.45 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
If you now change the ACTUAL VIEW to EQSL Status the country and bands change to yellow because as you can see from the key code above this indicates that you don't have the country or band confirmed by eqsl and the modes are now red because the eqsl status is R - Requested (Not sent/Not confirmed)"
Mellish4.jpg
Mellish4.jpg (118.67 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
I hopes this helps you all to more fully understand how things work in the Statistics and awards country Status tab

Just a further note the 'Red band boxes' are actually constructed of a red and a green layer, Indicating that some modes have been worked on that band, unfortunately the green layer is very hard to see on normal size monitors that is why I referred to them as 'Red band boxes'
73 Terry G4POP