New Custom Awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

K7PT
Old Man

New Custom Awards

Post by K7PT »

We prefer that users generate "custom" awards using the Award Manager.

However, if anyone has a problem with a "Custom" award defined for use in Log4OM, just request it here on the forum and I (K7PT) will help you.

If possible, give us a URL or information that clearly states the parameters for the award in question. ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
yt9tp
Old Man

Re: New Custom Awards

Post by yt9tp »

Is there an option that, when user sets custom award, he can export award definition to allow other so easily use this definition?

I would appreciate if anyone already prepared data for WCA (World Castle Award).
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
PB4FUN
Advanced Class

Post by PB4FUN »

And how to remove it again ?
PB4FUN Meindert; Rig : Icom IC-9100 / Ant: Falcon OUT-250-B @4m AGL; 144 MHz 16 el @ 4m AGL; 70 cm 23 el @ 5 m AGL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PB4FUN wrote:And how to remove it again ?

Delete it from the awards folder :D
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

yt9tp wrote:Is there an option that, when user sets custom award, he can export award definition to allow other so easily use this definition?
Just copy it from the awards folder
I would appreciate if anyone already prepared data for WCA (World Castle Award).
Find the list for WCA and you can create it yourself or ask us to help
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

Please find attached the latest WCA list (19th of April) - this will be a monster project ;)

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD

PS: Sorry, file was too large to attach (even zipped). You can find it here: http://www.wcagroup.org/ENG/info.html.
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Claus,
That would be a good exercise for you to get your feet wet with the awards or maybe the YT9TP fellow would like to take a try at it or help you.

From what I see it would be fairly simple, just time consuming to do. You have the reference, the reference name and the DXCC prefix. Just rearrange the columns in the documented header order, get the DXCC code (number) for each and you've got it.

Another way to go about it would be to get a few "helpers" and each take a piece of it and they rearrange the columns and send you a comma delimited file that you could merge all together into one file for import.

Take a whack at it and if you need help, send me a PM from my QRZ

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

K7PT wrote:Hi Claus,
That would be a good exercise for you to get your feet wet with the awards or maybe the YT9TP fellow would like to take a try at it or help you.

From what I see it would be fairly simple, just time consuming to do. You have the reference, the reference name and the DXCC prefix. Just rearrange the columns in the documented header order, get the DXCC code (number) for each and you've got it.
Done: http://www.pisto.it/forum/viewtopic.php ... 856&p=4857

However, linking prefixes with DXCC was not that easy. I had to create my own list of prefixes and DXCC numbers to make it work, but I was not able to match them all. If anyone can help me fix as much as possible prefixes let me know.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Pedja,
yes, linking prefixes with DXCC is a BIG problem. Unfortunately there is not (or, better, i never found) a good list of prefixes matched with DXCC.
The only one i found is the ARRL one that make large use of strange characters, to express something like "everything like this, but (not this) and #this"...
The same list of prefixes can be found in World Flora and Fauna award, with nice additions like RU*6-7 and similar things... artistically generated lists...

I wonder the day the whole world will use DXCC code as "unique" way to define a country or, at least, a common standard in country prefixes...

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

Most of the confusing prefixes are probably not problem at all like K1 to K9. I guess they all belong to the same DXCC but I canot tell.

There are some where the same prefix leads to two or more DXCC. That is hard to proccess automatically. Maybe we could ask WCA management to include DXCC codes in their list so we can rely on it.

Also I thought about possible solution that Log4Om allows additinal field to set prefix besides DXCC. I guess if WCA uses prefixes that is all they need, so forcing use of DXCC is probably unnecessary effort.