Duplicate QSO with Log4OM+JTAlert+JTDX

VE3NI
Novice Class

Duplicate QSO with Log4OM+JTAlert+JTDX

Post by VE3NI »

Both Michael/VE3TKI and I are experiencing the issue of duplicate QSO entries when using Log4OM, JTAlert and JTDX.

We have searched the forum for similar issues and found a number but none of them help resolve our issue.

We are using JTAlert v2.16.17, JTDX v2.2.0-rc155, and Windows 10 Pro.

All our program settings are as per the Log4OM manual updated 2021-04-21, pages 201 and 205 to 208. Also all programs are running as administrator per pages 13 and 14.

Log4OM Configuration.jpg
Log4OM Configuration.jpg (109.43 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
JTDX Configuration.jpg
JTDX Configuration.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
JTALERT Configuration.jpg
JTALERT Configuration.jpg (91.34 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

Note 1: With all the settings as per the manual, call signs do not populate the JTAlert call sign matrix. However, if we change the JTDX UDP Primary Server from 2235 (as per the manual) to 2233, the call signs are populated.

Note 2: We get duplicate log entries in Log4OM even though the ADIF Monitor in Log4OM is disabled (Log4OM settings/ADIF Functions) as per page 207 of the manual.

Since we are both experiencing the same issue in two different environments, I suspect we have “something” misconfigured. Other than the duplicate QSO entry all appears to be working fine.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers es 73,
Daniel VE3NI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Duplicate QSO with Log4OM+JTAlert+JTDX

Post by G4POP »

It would seem that you have JTAlert logging to the SQLite database - See the JTalert Logging/Log4OM config and also JTDX logging to Log4OM via UDP - You need to disable one
73 Terry G4POP
VE3NI
Novice Class

Re: Duplicate QSO with Log4OM+JTAlert+JTDX

Post by VE3NI »

Terry,

Thanks for the resolution. Unchecking the option "Enable sending logged QSO ADIF data" on the JTDX File/Settings/Reporting tab resolved the problem.

Of course I had seen this solution mentioned when searching the forum but did not understand the implication.

In hindsight I should not have followed the what was in the images blindly but look at the content of the images and what was being selected and try to understand the interaction of all the pieces.

Thanks again.

Cheers es 73,
Daniel VE3NI