How to use Spotting / Cluster Registration

kg5evi
Novice Class

How to use Spotting / Cluster Registration

Post by kg5evi »

I am new at this but here's my challenge.

I have been attempting to input spots but they don't seem to show up anywhere. My active servers include n2zkf-1, n5wls-1, [PRI} k5dx, and ve7cc-1. When I click on the Send Spot icon on the main log input screen it pops a window and I populate form with data and click checkmark to send spot but it seems nothing happens. My expectation is it would show up on the Band Map view but it does not and would also be pushed to the cluster(s) I am connected to.

I see a note in user manual that indicates you must be registered with a cluster to send spots but I can't seem to find where to submit a web registration request with the clusters I am connected to.

Also, is there something I would need to do to push spots to www.dxsummit.fi? I use that site often but I don't like inputting spots on a webpage. Suggestions please.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to use Spotting / Cluster Registration

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

With that many servers selected in the Telnet Cluster options I'm also assuming that you have also set various filters via the CC User APP to help throttle/control what those clusters feed to Log4OM ?

As for ve7cc-1 and other clusters that are feeds from ve7cc also have a tic box in the CC User / Settings panel called "own" that allows spots of your own callsign.

Also I also tend to NOT run the clusters in a 'grouped' option as I've found that my own spots will seldom ever filter through Log4OM's filtering system when that is checked.

But it does make sense to use that option when running a number of clusters else you will get duplicates of duplicates of spots otherwise.

As for login to the clusters you have chosen ... that is dependent upon how you have set up the chosen clusters in the Telnet Cluster Management area.

Default programming is to send your callsign as that is (usually) the defacto login parameter used by clusters. Some have passwords as well, but most do not.

Couple screen clips below.

As for DXSummit ... I can't address specifically, but I don't think it has setup links to tie into most logging APPs, but I'm sure Terry can offer clarity for that site and I'll look further as well.
Attachments
config-cluster-grouped.JPG
config-cluster-grouped.JPG (44.53 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
cluster-ve7cc.JPG
cluster-ve7cc.JPG (80.05 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
CCUser-settings.JPG
CCUser-settings.JPG (64.16 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kg5evi
Novice Class

Post by kg5evi »

Thanks for the response; it looks like I have a lot to learn.

I will be away from my radio for while so I should have time to read through some of the documentation regarding ve7cc dx cluster.

Thanks again Nolan for your help.

FYI- I am still not getting email notifications when you (someone) reply to my posts. Obviously, I am missing something...
kg5evi
Novice Class

Post by kg5evi »

I received my first notification. Thanks!
kg5evi
Novice Class

Post by kg5evi »

Nolan- I wanted to let you know that I have CC User installed and configured. I haven't tested creation of a spot (I am away from my radio) but it appears the CC User filtered spots are coming to log4om2 just fine. Thanks!

PS...I would have sent you a screen shot but it seems the limitation for attachment is 256k, which is tiny. It there a preferred way to provide screen shots that I need to use?