Callsign look with WSJT-X

HI8SMX
Advanced Class

Re: Callsign look with WSJT-X

Post by HI8SMX »

I would not go to the extent of calling this issue a screw up, there are certain operations and certain operators with particular needs that couldn't be addressed them all in a single release. The key is to identify upgrades and features and work on them

I, can perfectly wait for further developments in order to have this feature available and it won't reduce the value I give to Log4OM nor the recognition for your hard work.

At least now I know is not me configuring wrongly, but something the software is not able to do yet.

Santiago
YouTube: hamworldonline
Twitter: @hamworldonline
Instagram: hamworldonline
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

All, we have identified the issue with running WSJTx with an extended name. We should have a fix coming fairly soon. Thanks for your patience while we work through this issue.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W7DRM wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 20:01 All, we have identified the issue with running WSJTx with an extended name. We should have a fix coming fairly soon. Thanks for your patience while we work through this issue.

Doug
W7DRM
Need to read responses from Lele and me Doug
73 Terry G4POP
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

The more I use and familiarise myself with Log4OM V2 the more I like it. I for one do not think the Log4OM team have made a major implementation stuff up or any stuff up for that matter. This is how applications develop and improve over time.

For me it was frustrating trying to figure out why it wouldn't work right for me when so many others didn't have an issue. I had completed fresh windows 10 installs, different configurations and it all came down to just process of illumination. Once the basic wsjt or jtdx shortcut was used it all worked perfectly. So the only difference was adding the " --rig-name= " to the wsjt.exe target to allow for operating multiple sessions of wsjt/jtdx for different radios.

The reason I use this is my 7300 will be running on 80m (listening) and my ANAN SDR radio (at the same time) will be doing the other bands or visa versa. It also saves time re configuring wsjt/jtdx for another radio.

The minor issue of transferring DX Call info to Log4OM I am sure will/might be sorted in due time (adding it to my wish list). The positive is that the cause has been identified and others users will hopefully benefit and save time / frustration.

Please do not take my constant posting on this issue as being negative of Log4OM in anyway, my intention was to post progress and as much info as I could in the event someone else might know what the cause was or I would solve it and that info is then used by the program developers. It is the ideal logging application for me, simple and all contained in one application.

Regards, 73
Phil - VK1HX
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Thanks Phil! We appreciate the support!

You gave us the first clue with the extended runtime exe name.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

No one is saying anyone screwed up Terry, isn't the point of these forums to report bugs, I haven't seen anyone demand a fix unless you are getting it in private, a simple workaround is all that most people seem to want I am sure a fix will come in due time,

And yes WSJT is a major part of the hobby these days and people are using many different applications to make the most of the popularity of the JT/FT suite of modes,

Keep up the good work one and all,

Trevor
EI2GLB
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

As a work around the beta release of JTAlert (JTAlert.2.15.7.build.0003.Beta.Setup) will send the DX CALL info from WSJTx/JTDX to Log4OM with no issues.

I am able to have WSJTx/JTDX running with JTAlert, Gridtracker, Log4OM V2 and V1 all at the same time and logging without issue. Logging can either be done by Gridtracker or JTAlert. I am heading off to work right now however if anyone is interested I am happy to post pictures of my config.

Cheers 73'
Phil - VK1HX