Log4OM+JTDX+CAT.

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM+JTDX+CAT.

Post by G4POP »

Are you certain that all programs including Omnirig were installed to "Run as an administrator" by right clicking on install files and select "Run as an administrator" ?
73 Terry G4POP
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

G4POP wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 13:53 Are you certain that all programs including Omnirig were installed to "Run as an administrator" by right clicking on install files and select "Run as an administrator" ?
Is there a difference between installing the software for the first time as an administrator, and running the software after the installation as an administrator?

I do the latter, did not do the former.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

va3vf wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 15:51
G4POP wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 13:53 Are you certain that all programs including Omnirig were installed to "Run as an administrator" by right clicking on install files and select "Run as an administrator" ?
Is there a difference between installing the software for the first time as an administrator, and running the software after the installation as an administrator?

I do the latter, did not do the former.
If you mean that once installed you went to the properties of each program and set the compatibility to 'Run as an administrator' thats fine

If you expect the programs to run as such just because you are the administrator that is no good
73 Terry G4POP
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

G4POP wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 15:53 If you mean that once installed you went to the properties of each program and set the compatibility to 'Run as an administrator' thats fine
That's what I meant...but I remember seeing in the past, in other forums, that the installation of the software itself also had to be done as an administrator sometimes.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Checking is easy and you´re safe. Here also all is working fine if all programs are run as administrator.
I have a german W10 pro 64 bit but if you go to the .exe files of each program with mouseover and right
mouseky the properties will be open up. Check the compatibility tab and take a look to the "Run as
Administrator" checkbox. My properties window is german but the english one should be equivalent.

omni.png
omni.png (17.51 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
JT.png
JT.png (18.58 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
L4O.png
L4O.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 3172 times

Here all is fine with L4O V2 + JTDX + Omnirig. ;) ;)

B.t.w. the Omnirig.exe you´ll find in a folder called "Afreet/Omnirig"
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

DF5WW wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 16:08 Checking is easy and you´re safe. Here also all is working fine if all programs are run as administrator.
I have a german W10 pro 64 bit but if you go to the .exe files of each program with mouseover and right
mouseky the properties will be open up. Check the compatibility tab and take a look to the "Run as
Administrator" checkbox. My properties window is german but the english one should be equivalent.

Here all is fine with L4O V2 + JTDX + Omnirig. ;) ;)

B.t.w. the Omnirig.exe you´ll find in a folder called "Afreet/Omnirig"
Jurgen,

As I was writing to confirm that all that was OK, I thought: Why not check it again?

To my 'surprise', JTDX was not running as an administrator. I was sure I had changed that. But then it clicked: I'm a JTDX beta tester. Every time there is a new release I re-install the package. There was one this morning, and I did a fresh installation, so the setting was gone.

All is fine now, working like a charm. Live and learn.

Thank you all for your patience and help.

73 de Vince
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.