Log4OM v2 on 2 pc's

vk2vrc
Novice Class

Log4OM v2 on 2 pc's

Post by vk2vrc »

I have Log4OM v2 downloaded and running on my desktop and my laptop.I have downloaded Dropbox onto both computers,but have no idea what I need to do

to get them to synchronise my contacts as I make them.I have read and re read page 15 of the manual,but I still have no idea how to do what I need to do.

I have wasted a whole day,and still no results,just a headache.If someone can point me in the right direction,I would greatly appreciate it.
Wayne
VK2VRC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM v2 on 2 pc's

Post by G4POP »

On each computer

File/open database

Navigate to Dropbox and select your ???.sqlite file

Do this on both computers AND SELECT THE SAME FILE ON EACH
73 Terry G4POP
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

I have had it up and running on 2 PCs for a couple of days, but the only way that I can get a new contact from one PC to the other is to upload an ADIF,I was hoping that it would automatically migrate.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Wayne
VK2VRC
F4BPO
Old Man

Post by F4BPO »

Hi Wayne,

You are probably doing it wrong indeed.

As Dropbox syncronizes your files from one computer to the other if you select the same file on both computers it will always be synchronized.

Of course you must have dropbox installed on both computers, being logged in Dropbox on both sides and use the exact same file on both computer which is on Dropbox.
This works like a charm
73 de XV9BPO Greg
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

Hi Greg

The problem I have is that,I have to open the Dropbox folder on my computer,then in Log4OM v2 I have to click on the contact I wish to migrate to my laptop,and manually put it in the Dropbox folder,then it will appear on my laptop on Log4Om v2.I can't figure out how to get it to do an auto apdat ogf my Dropbox folder from Log4OM v2 on my desktop...........if that makes sense.

Regards
Wayne
Wayne
VK2VRC
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

Wayne, you need Dropbox desktop application to be installed on both PC's
https://help.dropbox.com/en-us/installs ... -computers

Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

All fixed with help over skype from Terry.Fantastic service.Appreciate all the help.
Wayne
VK2VRC
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

OK overnight,something has happened.I am once again unable to update my log on my second computer SQLite is still in Dropbox on both computers and both versions of Log4OM are set to run as admin. Downloaded 2.2.0.0 and still the same.
Wayne
VK2VRC
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

OK,I just went into Dropbox on my desktop,and clicked on the SqLite file and it synced to my laptop and updated my laptop. I can't get it to sync when I hit refresh on my laptop though.
Wayne
VK2VRC