Edit QSO changes fields

KJ7EHA
Novice Class

Edit QSO changes fields

Post by KJ7EHA »

I am new to Log4OM, I did not have V1. I have a clean V2 install. No previous database.

I am in grid square CN85. I set my station configuration to ITU=6, CQ=3, DXCC=291

I think the program is miscalculating my CQ region as 5. I reset the QSOs I enter to 3, but then when I open the edit window they are reset to 5.

Also, when I open the edit QSO window, the program appears to clear the "Band" setting I made originally.

Attaching images of what I am seeing.
Greg - KJ7EHA
Attachments
station-config.jpg
station-config.jpg (100.47 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
QSObeforeedit.jpg
QSObeforeedit.jpg (95.09 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
EditQSOwithfieldschanged.jpg
EditQSOwithfieldschanged.jpg (73.37 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Edit QSO changes fields

Post by NN7D »

Hi Greg,

Are you mistaking the CQ zone as yours zone? The CQ zone in the QSO record is the CQ zone of the station you have contacted... There is another field in the QSO record which is My CQ Zone. If you add that field to the QSO record display, you should see that they are all still set to CQ Zone 3.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KJ7EHA
Novice Class

Post by KJ7EHA »

The QSO was in WA state. Am I correct that WA is in CQ zone 3?

I manually set the CQ zone to 3 when I created the QSO because it came up as 5 by default. I thought CQ zone 5 was on the Eastern US. After adding fields to the QSO I saved it.

When I double click on the QSO to edit it, the CQ zone is reset to 5 automatically, and the Band Field is cleared.
Then when I save the QSO the fields I did not change are changed upon save.

Attachments
QSOafteredit.jpg
QSOafteredit.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
EditQSOchangedfieldshighlighted.jpg
EditQSOchangedfieldshighlighted.jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Change frequency from 146 to 146000 and 520 Hz so the frequency must be in kHz and Hz but 146 is in MHz.
If you do so the band will be show´n as 2m.

;) ;)

Easiest way is when your radio can be controlled by CAT via Omnirig. Log4OM will grab the correct frequency automaticly.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

KJ7EHA wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 16:16 The QSO was in WA state. Am I correct that WA is in CQ zone 3?

I manually set the CQ zone to 3 when I created the QSO because it came up as 5 by default. I thought CQ zone 5 was on the Eastern US. After adding fields to the QSO I saved it.

When I double click on the QSO to edit it, the CQ zone is reset to 5 automatically, and the Band Field is cleared.
Then when I save the QSO the fields I did not change are changed upon save.
Greg, ok, now I understand. I have replicated the issue. You found a bug. We will get that fixed quickly! Thanks for reporting.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

Doug,

I've been on V1 for about 4 years and converted to V2 3 days ago. I've logged 17 QSO's so far in V2 and noticed about a third of those QSO's did not have an operator name or address information although they did have correct ITU and CQ zones. These QSO's were logged from JTAlert/WSJT-X and I'm using hamqth.com for lookups. I went in to edit those QSO's and upon clicking "refresh data" I saw the ITU or CQ zone changing to something incorrect, like Greg is experiencing. You have been able to verify this behavior which is great.

When a fix comes out for this, will there be a method to fix or identify the QSO's that have incorrect data? Depending on how long that takes, it could be quite a chore to find and fix these records.

With respect to the no name and address, I'm not reporting that, just explaining why I was in Edit QSO and updating information. I'll continue to watch that to figure out if there is an issue.

V2 is pretty slick, thanks to all.
73 - Tom NS8K