Offline message

M6VMO
Novice Class

Offline message

Post by M6VMO »

Hi everyone.

I was wondering why I constantly see "Offline" displayed in the top left corner of the program.
Am I not connected to the Internet or something?
I have not seen any settings to enter my broadband details, and when I connect to a cluster server I get a connection, but the word "Offline" stays in place.

Could someone shed some light, please?

Thanks n advance.
Frankie.
73 de M6VMO
Slough, Berkshire, England
https://www.m6vmo.tk
f4gwm
Advanced Class

Re: Offline message

Post by f4gwm »

Hello the off line is for the cat systeme only i think
if you are not using cat it is appear as off line
F4GWM
CEDRIC
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

f4gwm wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 17:04 Hello the off line is for the cat systeme only i think
That's correct.

Another suggestion for the developers. Allow that display to be on/off by selection. Both VFO-A/B independently.
M6VMO
Novice Class

Post by M6VMO »

OK, thank you.
Frankie.
73 de M6VMO
Slough, Berkshire, England
https://www.m6vmo.tk
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

va3vf wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 17:10
f4gwm wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 17:04 Hello the off line is for the cat systeme only i think
That's correct.

Another suggestion for the developers. Allow that display to be on/off by selection. Both VFO-A/B independently.
Vince,

Help me understand why an OM would not want to have a clear visual that they are connected to their rig(s) and whether it is on (with frequency display) or off for whatever reason?

I'm just curious and trying to understand reasons for wanting to toggle such display on/off.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

KI5IO wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 18:02 Vince,

Help me understand why an OM would not want to have a clear visual that they are connected to their rig(s) and whether it is on (with frequency display) or off for whatever reason?

I'm just curious and trying to understand reasons for wanting to toggle such display on/off.
1) It makes for a cleaner interface if no CAT, or if not using one of the supported CAT interfaces;
2) I personally do no like to see "offline" or any other alarm type indicator in the main UI. The "LEDs" at the bottom of the main UI are the best way to indicate status ON/OFF IMHO;
3) When using only VFO-A, and not seeing a frequency that's out of wack in the inactive VFO-B.

Those are the things that come to mind right away. Granted that they are not major issues. Cosmetic, one would say. This is why it was just a suggestion.
KQ4Y
New user

Post by KQ4Y »

You can change the color numbers to black and then you don't see the "offline."
NI4TG
Novice Class

Post by NI4TG »

Personally, I would like for this area (frequency) to be a little larger. Too, cat control is the only way to fly, works great.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

NI4TG wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 01:06 Personally, I would like for this area (frequency) to be a little larger. Too, cat control is the only way to fly, works great.
OM,

Will this work for you? You can place it where you want and size it as you wish.

Turn it on at: Connect / CAT / CAT Screen

Attachments
CAT-Control.JPG
CAT-Control.JPG (34.52 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NI4TG
Novice Class

Post by NI4TG »

I have used this occasionally, but have a hard time placing it somewhere out of the way. Usually have WSJTx, Gridtracker, Log4OM, and QRZ open on two monitors.