Grid update

CU3ED
Novice Class

Grid update

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

When I edit a QSO and select refresh data, 98% of the time the Log4OM, does not update de GRID information, even if you are premium user from QRZ and the GRID is on the QRZ page.
This are 2 QSO's that the LOG4OM updated the GRID:
YR2019REV
YV4NR/2
This are 2 QSO's that the LOG4OM did not updated the GRID:
K5NV
DK0ND
There many more examples like this...
If everything was working there was no need to do more than 150 QSO's using the QRZ website to update the GRID.

All the best,

David
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid update

Post by NN7D »

To better understand what may be causing this, try resetting your Primary Info Provider in Configurations to HamQTH. Then repeat the refresh. Let us know how that works.

Thanks,

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
CU3ED
Novice Class

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

Reset done, but with the same problem.
Even using the portable version 2.1.0.0, when entering QSO to update does the same, but when I'm making a contact the GRID is populated, without any problem.

David
CU3ED
Novice Class

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

Other thing about the GRID.
When doing digital contacts with WSJT-X the station send his info the GRID only with 4 digits, but the Log4OM is displaying the correct GRID with the full 6 digits, when the contact is logged automatically, the information from the GRID is the one sent by the WSJT-X, 4 digits.
Is there any way to keep the GRID from the Log4OM?

David
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

CU3ED wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 21:54 Hi,

Other thing about the GRID.
When doing digital contacts with WSJT-X the station send his info the GRID only with 4 digits, but the Log4OM is displaying the correct GRID with the full 6 digits, when the contact is logged automatically, the information from the GRID is the one sent by the WSJT-X, 4 digits.
Is there any way to keep the GRID from the Log4OM?

David
David,

WSJTx only provides a 4-digt grid ID. When I log an FT8 call I only get the 4-digit data from WSJTx / JTAlert. I've been having to manually update the QSO with the 6-digit grid ID after the call is logged. I wait until I get around to uploading the Q's.

I'll look further to see if we can come up with a cleaner/easier method.

Tnx for using Log4oM2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX