Fldigi call Look-Up

w1wrh
Novice Class

Fldigi call Look-Up

Post by w1wrh »

I have installed the latest version of Log4OM v2. It is a beautiful looking program. Thank you for all the work done on it.
I have successfully set up rig control and logging with both WSJT-X and Fldigi.

My question is with regards to Call Lookup in Fldigi.

When I double click on a call sign in WSJT-X [JT Alert is NOT being used at this time] the call sign populates in Log4OM v2 and shows all of the information. Proceed with the QSO and log at the end all work well.

When I double click on a call sign in Fldigi nothing is populated in Log4OM v2. Proceed with the QSO and log at the end works well.

I have read the manual three times, and made sure I have all the ports set up as show on page 136 and 137 in the manual.

Do you have any suggestions as to where I can look in my set up to make the call lookup work?

Appreciate any help. I really like knowing about previous contacts and seeing all the great information offered on the Log4OM v2 screen. It adds conversation items to the QSO.

Bill
w1wrh
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Fldigi call Look-Up

Post by G4POP »

Bill
You must have missed the note in our instructions that says with Fldigi it's one way traffic, we can send to Fldigi not other way round.
73 Terry G4POP
w1wrh
Novice Class

Re: Fldigi call Look-Up

Post by w1wrh »

G4POP.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see the note about the one way traffic on frequency and mode, but I had hope on the sentence just before it in the instruction manual stating that it looked up the frequency entered [see below from manual]

The above actions connect Log4OM to FLDigi to enable Log4OM to send the frequency and mode to FLDigi and the
entered call sign in FLDigi to be displayed and looked up in Log4OM.
FLDigi does not send the frequency and mode to Log4OM its one way traffic!

I thought that maybe the updated Log4OMv2 did that now. I am setting up Log4OMv2 on my second shack computer so as to have a variety of logging programs available to use.
I use the DXLabs suite on my main shack computer and it does the lookup automatically when you put a call sign in Fldigi so I knew that the pathway exists.

I am going to continue my quest with the new Log4OM v2 and maybe hope that that functionality might find it's way into the program.

Bill
w1wrh