Upload to LoTW stopped.

k3maw
Novice Class

Upload to LoTW stopped.

Post by k3maw »

Hello,

I am a log4om newbie.

I was playing with the settings and changed the lotw set value from "requested" to "no" when the qso has not been uploaded to lotw. The software does not upload the new qsos now and I have to do it manually. I haven't been able to reset the default values or see why the uploads stopped.

Thanks for any help.

Mike - K3MAW
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upload to LoTW stopped.

Post by NN7D »

Mike,

I hope you have read the Users Guide on LotW uploads. LotW uploads are automatic only on program shutdown, and only if you have that option selected in Configurations, External services.

It makes sense to upload to LotW with the Sent = No criteria. I agree. But you will have to manually upload to LotW, or depend on auto upload on program shutdown. That is by request of ARRL and LotW.

Hope that helps,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I don't think that is a good approach because I typically leave Log4OM up for a week or two at a time, and prefer to do an upload daily (if any new stations worked) and download daily. I don't want to have to shut down Log4OM and reinitialize it to do that. Can a manual method be added back as was in Ver 1?

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Duane!

The manual method is still available in V2. Its in QSL Manager...

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Thanks, Doug. Having another problem with LoTW that I guess I'm going to have to post a message about. So far, I like V2 a lot....
73, Duane AC5AA
k3maw
Novice Class

Post by k3maw »

Doug,

I have read, and still read, the manual. I like the V2 a lot; it's a major upgrade. I understand that log4om only uploads to Lotw on shutdown, but when I changed the default value of "LOTW sent" to ="No", they were not sent upon closing. I changed the default value back to "Requested" and it works.

Thanks Doug,

Mike
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

k3maw wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 19:56 I have read, and still read, the manual. I like the V2 a lot; it's a major upgrade. I understand that log4om only uploads to Lotw on shutdown, but when I changed the default value of "LOTW sent" to ="No", they were not sent upon closing. I changed the default value back to "Requested" and it works.
Hi Mike,

Let me explain. There are two factors which need to be accounted for. The first is your setting in Configurations, Confirmations tab. It controls what the defaults are for each type of confirmation - LotW, Clublog, etc. for the Sent and Rcvd fields. I use (my personal preference) "No" for both Sent and Rcvd fields. Image below.
ConfirmationDefaults.PNG
ConfirmationDefaults.PNG (34.28 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
So in that case, all new QSO's will be written with "No" in the LotW Sent and Rcvd fields.

The problem you are experiencing is because your older QSO records were written with "Requested" in the LotW Sent field, but now you have changed the criteria to "No". So it will pick up only those QSO's with "No" in the Sent field, ignoring those with "Requested" in the sent field.

The cure: Change all your records with "Requested" to "No" in the sent field. This can be done by enabling "Update" in the QSL Manager window, selecting all records with "Requested" in the Sent field, and changing them to "No". Then make sure your default Sent is set to "No" above.

I hope this helps,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
k3maw
Novice Class

Post by k3maw »

Doug,

Thanks, that does help.

Mike