LoTW Sign-in is failing

ac5aa
Old Man

LoTW Sign-in is failing

Post by ac5aa »

I'm not sure what I've done wrong - LOTW logins report back that the userid/password are incorrect. I've tried my usual password, and I've changed the password twice at lotw.arrl.org and can't seem to get a login to work. If I go directly to the LoTW web site, it works every time. Can anyone shed some light on this? I can't imagine why it isn't working (has for years!).

Stumped,
Duane
2020-01-25.png
2020-01-25.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
73, Duane AC5AA
N6VH
Old Man

Re: LoTW Sign-in is failing

Post by N6VH »

Do you have any special characters (#, @, etc.) in your password? If so, that might be the problem.

Jim N6VH
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

Duane, does your Station Location in TQSL match with the one configured in Log4OM ?

Roland
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Jim and Roland -
Thanks for the quick responses - yes, the station location, "AC5AA-Home" matches, and there is only one special character in the password - it was provided by the LOTW web site when I requested a password change. It is the leading character and I've entered it 2-3 times making sure it is correct. I'm assuming the password given with the TQSL certificate is the same one that is used for the LOTW web site, and the same one changed when a change is requested for the web site. Regardless, none of the ones I've set and tried work for some reason.
73, Duane AC5AA
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

Duane, thanks for clarification. The password for the logon to the LoTW website and the TQSL certicate passwords are independent from each other. You could try to change your website password to one without any special characters in it and then try again.

Roland
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Thanks, Roland - I'll give that a try when I get home later today. You mentioned the special characters in your first post but I didn't try changing it.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Thanks for the help - indeed, eliminating the special character in the password solved the login problem. I'm not sure why, but it took a considerable amount of time for the download of QSL information to occur - between 12-15 minutes. Maybe the 160m contest guys are all uploading this afternoon . . .

Thanks again for the help.
73, Duane AC5AA
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

Glad it is working now for you Duane. I believe in strong passwords, too bad we have to compromise security for now by using weak passwords in order to get it working...

Roland
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam