LoTW - what happened on the first download?

ac5aa
Old Man

LoTW - what happened on the first download?

Post by ac5aa »

OK, my signin is working on LoTW. I requested a download using a date range from 1/8/2020 through present (about a dozen QSO's covered). First, the login worked, and then I waited almost 15 minutes for any progress past this point, and then I got the attached response. I have no idea what this is telling me. Was it trying to do an upload when I requested just a download of a couple of weeks? I did not stipulate a closing date for the download, figuring it would default to today's date. Any light that can be shed on this would be a big help. Oh, QSO's before 2/1/1995 are for my previous call, but none of those should have been looked at unless there was a confirmation (and I've joined the calls on LoTW). I am totally baffled. Thanks in advance for any light on this!

Log File from the LoTW exchange:
Attachments
2020-01-26 QSL Download.txt
(56.2 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
73, Duane AC5AA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LoTW - what happened on the first download?

Post by NN7D »

Hi Duane,
As you might see from the download log which you attached, the second download is for Credit Granted Qsl's for your entire DXCC record. This takes the place of my LOTW import program, which I believe you used at one point. There were 9,000+ records in that download, thus the time required.

So there are two downloads that occur, first New Confirmations, then the Credit Granted download.

Because of the time it takes for the Second download, I am hoping we can make it an optional download, or a one, other, or both option in the future.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the quick response. OK, I don't know why it is needed once it has initially been done, but maybe I'm not understanding something. I agree with your point that it should be optional. If every download is going to hit LoTW up for 9000 confirmations, neither the LoTW people or I am going to be very happy!
So, why was the first section of the download so large with all the "multiple QSO updated" warnings? Should have been the two new confirmations and maybe a few of the "repeats" of earlier ones, like the Ver 1 download showed, I'd think.

Thanks again & 73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Duane,

The first download (new Credits from LotW) was the first 5 lines, and it did not download anything, so it looks like you were up to date. The second download (Credit Granted) started on line 6 of the log, and that is where the Multiple QSO's updated message occurs. It would appear that you have multiple QSO's which matched the CG record in LotW - maybe caused by dup records in your log. I've seen this before... You can do a check on a few of those callsigns listed as Mults to confirm.

I hope that helps,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Got it - thanks, Doug. I hope the download portion can be changed so the large 2nd ADIF file operation (1200 Q's in my case) is done optionally. I have very infrequent need to do this kind of an operation. Thanks again for the excellent support.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA