LoTW Option in External Services

NS8K
Advanced Class

LoTW Option in External Services

Post by NS8K »

I've been trying to understand the proper setup of uploading to LoTW. In the LOTW tab of External Services you find this panel.
Screen.png
Screen.png (65.13 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
My questions concerns the Upload Flag. I have interpreted this note to mean "In QSL Manager, pressing the 'Select required' button will automatically select all QSO's whose Sent field contains what you have selected here (either NO or REQUESTED)".

I've tested with this set both ways and the button in QSL Manager always selects only the records that contain No.

So, what does the Upload Flag actually do? I cannot find it referenced in the manual. This panel is shown on page 71 but the Upload Flag verbiage is not there nor is it explained.

Also, what is the purpose of the My call (opt) field? I've tried with and without my call in this field and haven't been able to figure out it out.

Thank you!
73 - Tom NS8K
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LoTW Option in External Services

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Tom,

the upload flag is used if you activate the "Automatic upload on close" option. It works together with yor
setup in the "Confirmations" menu. That means how the flag is set when a new contact was logged.

lotw.png
lotw.png (30.6 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
You can set this op for each type of confirmation (e.g. eQSL, QSL, LotW) If you change something there
don´t forget to hit the diskette symbol after each change and if you do all hit save and apply at the
left top of the settings window. The red cross set each confirmation back to No/No if needed.

As i said, it is used for the automatic upload option as you can see in next screenshot ...

lotw.png
lotw.png (36.61 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NS8K
Advanced Class

Re: LoTW Option in External Services

Post by NS8K »

Juergen,

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw! It never dawned on me that this applied to the automatic upload (a feature I do not use). Perhaps the note and documentation could make that more clear.

I did understand how to set up things in Confirmations although I'll never understand the Requested status. I've read much about it in this forum but to me, you send (Yes or No) and you receive (Yes or No). So I'll leave mine setup that way while somebody must have a use for Requested.

You were very quick to reply and I appreciate that. The entire team does a terrific job!

Any thoughts on the My call (opt) field?

Again, Thanks!
73 - Tom NS8K