Some updates don't happen

ac5aa
Old Man

Some updates don't happen

Post by ac5aa »

Sorry for the vague title, but I've got a couple similar problems showing up:

1. Using "Worked Before" view often shows nothing when I know the call has been worked before. This has been very consistent with HU1DL where I have worked them 6 times on different bands/modes, but when I try to see if I've worked them this afternoon, no list appears. I can pull up the QSO Manager and find them there, but not in the F10 Worked Before window.

2. I leave the logger and PC on 24/7, and often after a number of hours of inactivity when I try to use it, the QRZ info does not get searched and populated, and sometimes the cluster has stopped updating. I have had to shut down Log4OM and restart to get things operating again. However other times, like right now, it has just quit fetching data from QRZ.COM (I have a current XML membership).

Any help on these will be appreciated! Really enjoying the new version, so far.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Some updates don't happen

Post by KD0ZV »

Are you talking about this?
Attachments
2020-02-06_15-10-26.jpg
2020-02-06_15-10-26.jpg (236.25 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Sorry, guess you said F10

My cluster is a little flaky as well but have not put my finger on it yet.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ac5aa wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 20:33 Sorry for the vague title, but I've got a couple similar problems showing up:

1. Using "Worked Before" view often shows nothing when I know the call has been worked before. This has been very consistent with HU1DL where I have worked them 6 times on different bands/modes, but when I try to see if I've worked them this afternoon, no list appears. I can pull up the QSO Manager and find them there, but not in the F10 Worked Before window.

2. I leave the logger and PC on 24/7, and often after a number of hours of inactivity when I try to use it, the QRZ info does not get searched and populated, and sometimes the cluster has stopped updating. I have had to shut down Log4OM and restart to get things operating again. However other times, like right now, it has just quit fetching data from QRZ.COM (I have a current XML membership).

Any help on these will be appreciated! Really enjoying the new version, so far.

73, Duane
Duane,

WB4 panels/windows will only populate once you enter a call sign in the Main UI.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

OK, regarding population of fields and awards needs, the following is what I observe:

1. Manually keying a call into the "Callsign" window populates the "needed" panel information. No QRZ data (name, addr, photo (if present), etc.) is populated. This is after a few hours of not interacting with Log4OM. Maybe sooner too - haven't nailed that down yet.

2. Clicking (once or twice) on a cluster spot should do the same so it can be checked quickly and yet nothing is populated in this case (neither the "needed' panel or the QRZ info.)

Now, if I restart Log4OM fresh, the QRZ data will be populated including QRZ page photo, etc. And the "needed" panel will also update. This works with single click on a spot, double click on a spot or manually entering the data. Whatever is causing the difference occurs after some time of having Log4OM running but unattended. No other changes on the computer.

The second problem regarding the F10 "Worked Before" panel also seems to happen around the same time - i.e., Log4OM running for a while. It just stops working. I don't know that the two problems are related, but both seem to occur after a period of inactivity.

I hope this makes it a little more clear.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

OK, I have no idea what is going on. After leaving it overnight while the PC slept and trying it this afternoon, all works fine. I'm stumped. I'll do some checking for interaction with other applications, but this portion of the "problem" appears to be difficult to replicate... Sorry for any lost bandwidth here.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ac5aa wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 19:20 OK, I have no idea what is going on. After leaving it overnight while the PC slept and trying it this afternoon, all works fine. I'm stumped. I'll do some checking for interaction with other applications, but this portion of the "problem" appears to be difficult to replicate... Sorry for any lost bandwidth here.

73, Duane
Duane,

"Murphy" is alive and well and (as we all know) quite unpredictable. I have a number of such issues that I'm scratching my head on. When I was a field tech for The AP I was praying for "hard failures". So much easier to get to the problem and resolve.

Hang in there and keep collecting data for the next hiccup.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX