Lookup Fields Not Populating

gi4fue
Advanced Class

Re: Lookup Fields Not Populating

Post by gi4fue »

Hi Doug

i am having the same issue, but in my case, in all situations...I think your reply was pointed to the wrong Charlie (K5EY) ...I offered teamviewer access on the Beta team if you look there you will find a long thread i have been having with terry G4POP..any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have meantime rolled back to V 2.1.0.0 which works perfectly.

73 de Charlie GI4FUE
ph2m
Novice Class

Post by ph2m »

Same problem here, station data not filled anymore :'( (only callsign from JTAlert/JTDX), no more data like Operator, QTH, Grid etc. also same problem with manual station input, logging from JTAlert+JTDX works without a problem, QSO's are logged with all information!

73 de Frank PH2M
NS2R
Novice Class

Post by NS2R »

Hi Charlie, I did what you suggested: I uninstalled JTalert, and cleaned registry, then reinstalled it again. That fixed it for a day, then it started acting up again. The only way to get it working again is to close and reopen Log4om. I also notice that it takes 5 secs for log data to go from WSJT-x through JTALERT into Log4om. Is that normal? It seems the Log4omV1 has worked a lot better for me. Any additional help would be appreciated. TNX...Phil
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Phil,

Please read the FAQ on posting!

We need specifics - versions of each program, screen shots of your WSJTx or JTDX, JTAlert connections configurations would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K5EY
Novice Class

Post by K5EY »

Hi Charlie, I did what you suggested: I uninstalled JTalert, and cleaned registry, then reinstalled it again. That fixed it for a day, then it started acting up again. The only way to get it working again is to close and reopen Log4om. I also notice that it takes 5 secs for log data to go from WSJT-x through JTALERT into Log4om. Is that normal? It seems the Log4omV1 has worked a lot better for me. Any additional help would be appreciated. TNX...Phil
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. My setup is still functioning better than perfect... I am using JTDX and JTAlert, and when I click on a callsign in JTAlert, the data is immediately (less than a second) received by Log4OM and all the fields are populated. I normally leave the Log4 display on "main", and the map is drawn instantaneously. It is truly a marvel to see how fast these three programs work and pass data. In fact, the Log4 fields populate must faster than the JTAlert log fields.

Maybe if you sent Terry some screenshots and your log file he could help you. Wish I could offer more, but I can't...
Charlie -- K5EY
Denton, Texas USA
Log4OM 2 (ver. 2.14.1.0)
Using JTDX (ver. 2.2.156) and JTAlert (ver. 2.50.1)
Intel Core i7-8700 @3.20 GHz (12GB RAM)
Windows 21H1
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I have been having the same problem for a while now. Yesterday I saw the proposed solution, removal & reinstall of JTAlert, so I did the same along with a reboot. QRZ lookup still fails after JTAlert has been run. It doesn't just fail when JTAlert is running, it fail consistently once JTAlert has been run until Log4 has been shut down and restarted. I have it set up as earlier postings had indicated with logging connected both from WSJT and JTAlert. I prefer JTAlert logging because it gives a visual indication of successful logging while the WSJT doesn't and I believe I've had stations not logged after a QSO when just using it (not positive on this last point.) What is the currently recommended setup that solves the QRZ problem?
73, Duane AC5AA