Lookup Fields Not Populating

K5EY
Novice Class

Lookup Fields Not Populating

Post by K5EY »

JTDX (rc147); JTAlert (2.15.9); Log4OM (2.3.0.0); Win 10 (1903)

I know this subject has been discussed extensively on this board, but I am still having a problem getting the lookup fields to populate. Log4 and JTAlert are configured exactly as the latest manual dictates, and the callsign field in Log4 populates just fine. However, that is where it stops. There is no lookup when Log4 receives the callsign from JTAlert. Lookup is normal when a callsign is manually entered -- most of the time. Yes, my info providers are set up properly, and yes, I am a paid QRZ XML subscriber. The failsafe info provider is HAMQTH, and it doesn't work either. Both the QRZ and HAMQTH connections test okay. Here is more detail:

1. Enter a callsign manually -- The lookup fields may or may not populate. The lookup function always works after a fresh program start. However, once a lookup has been commanded by JTAlert, all subsequent manual lookups fail until Log4 is restarted.

2. JTAlert enters the callsign -- The lookup fields never populate.

3. Contacts are logged just as advertised -- perfectly -- all of the time. The only problem is lookup field population.

4. Since Log4 is receiving the callsign from JTAlert and is also logging the contacts correctly, I have to conclude that my problem is not with the Log4/JTAlert connection setup.

5. Since manual lookups are normal at times and the info providers test okay, the connection to the info providers is okay.

6. Log4OM ver 2.2.0.0 worked perfectly.

Thanks for an absolutely superb logging program.
Charlie -- K5EY
Denton, Texas USA
Log4OM 2 (ver. 2.14.1.0)
Using JTDX (ver. 2.2.156) and JTAlert (ver. 2.50.1)
Intel Core i7-8700 @3.20 GHz (12GB RAM)
Windows 21H1
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Lookup Fields Not Populating

Post by G4POP »

When you say set up according to the latest user guide, exactly when did you last download the user guide because there was an extensive rewrite about this set up very recently.
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I set mine up for the first time an hour ago from scratch changing from the old method.

Works amazing. Thanks to the Lo4OM team. Very cool !

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K5EY
Novice Class

Post by K5EY »

Log4OM Manual downloaded today -- 7 February

Log4OM and JTAlert are talking to each other just fine. My issue arises after the callsign field in Log4 is populated by JTAlert. That is when everything stops. I'm attaching a log file. You will see that I did a couple of manual callsign entries immediately after program start. Both of these entries produced valid QRZ.com lookups. Then I used JTAlert to enter two more contacts. No lookup from these JTAlert entries. Then the last attempt in the log file was a manual entry. No lookup. All lookups will fail until I restart Log4.
Attachments
LOG4OM2_log_UI_20200207.log
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Charlie -- K5EY
Denton, Texas USA
Log4OM 2 (ver. 2.14.1.0)
Windows 21H1
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K5EY wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 00:13 Log4OM Manual downloaded today -- 7 February

Log4OM and JTAlert are talking to each other just fine. My issue arises after the callsign field in Log4 is populated by JTAlert. That is when everything stops. I'm attaching a log file. You will see that I did a couple of manual callsign entries immediately after program start. Both of these entries produced valid QRZ.com lookups. Then I used JTAlert to enter two more contacts. No lookup from these JTAlert entries. Then the last attempt in the log file was a manual entry. No lookup. All lookups will fail until I restart Log4.
I think it would be best if you sent me a support request by email

Make sure that you turn on Debug mode in the help menu and then repeat the JTAlert/WSJT/Log4OM issue before creating the support request but after having set debug mode
73 Terry G4POP
NS2R
Novice Class

Post by NS2R »

I'm having the same problem. It will work for a while then the Xml data will not populate the fields. Neither QZR.com(paid) nor my backup will work. The only way to get it started again is to restart Log4OM. I never had this problem on V1.. Tnx..Phil
K5EY
Novice Class

Post by K5EY »

I'm having the same problem. It will work for a while then the Xml data will not populate the fields. Neither QZR.com(paid) nor my backup will work. The only way to get it started again is to restart Log4OM. I never had this problem on V1.. Tnx..Phil
Yeah, sounds like the same issue. I discovered that in my case JTAlert was the problem. I pulled hair for about four days and tried everything. When I finally tracked the problem down to JTAlert (2.15.9), I used Revo to completely uninstall it and wipe the registry. Then I reinstalled JTAlert and everything worked perfectly. I am now astonished at how fast the Log4 lookup fields and maps populate. Contacts are logged in less than a second.

You might try going WSJT-X >> Log4OM direct to see if you can get your setup to work in that mode. I knew all my port settings were correct, and when I saw that WSJT-X and Log4 were talking correctly, I figured that JTAlert had to be the problem. I actually use JTDX here, but in the direct test you would need to use WSJT-X.

Like I said, everything is great now. Three days 24/7, and not one Log4 glitch. Sure hope you have the same luck with your station.
Charlie -- K5EY
Denton, Texas USA
Log4OM 2 (ver. 2.14.1.0)
Windows 21H1
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Charlie,

I can offer to assist you via Teamviewer on this issue. I'd like to get a first hand view of this issue, and of course, get it working for you. BTW, none of the Alpha team can replicate this. Please email me at my QRZ email address and include a good phone number, and a good time to work on this.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K5EY
Novice Class

Post by K5EY »

I can offer to assist you via Teamviewer on this issue. I'd like to get a first hand view of this issue, and of course, get it working for you. BTW, none of the Alpha team can replicate this. Please email me at my QRZ email address and include a good phone number, and a good time to work on this.
Nothing to fix. Everything works just fine. Log4, JTDX, and JTAlert are communicating just as advertised. The fix for me, as I mentioned in my previous post, was to completely uninstall JTAlert and then reinstall it.
Charlie -- K5EY
Denton, Texas USA
Log4OM 2 (ver. 2.14.1.0)
Windows 21H1
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Charlie,

Glad you got it fixed. I think I did not refresh the post and missed your Good news.

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA