CAT with negative offset not working

EA4BFK
Novice Class

CAT with negative offset not working

Post by EA4BFK »

Hi

Finally I've been able to connect SDR Console SDR soft v3.0.20 with Log4OM v2, with a virtual com port shared between both applications, in order to log my qo-100 satellite QSO's.

As I'm using Adalm Pluto as a Rx/Tx system, the frequency that is transfer using the COM port of SDR Console is the Rx frequency, for example 10.489,700 MHz.

In order to log properly, the Tx frequency (2.400,200 Mhz) needs to be capture by Log4OM, to do that I enabled offset on VFO A, with a negative offset of -8.089,500 Mhz.

While the offset window accepts a negative number, the result of the subtraction is not appearing on the frequency shown by Log4OM.

Is this a bug, or a functionality that needs to be included?

Thanks

Alex
EA4BFK
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT with negative offset not working

Post by DF5WW »

Hmm,

i´ve tested with my Pluto a few weeks ago and the Pluto is TXing on 2400 Mhz. So Display of SDRConsole
show´s the right frequency. What you have to do is to setting up the receiver part of SDRConsole with
the offset that you need. If i´ve did this at described on the SDRConsole Homepage the VFO A in Log4OM
was showing the 2400 MHz for uplink (TX) and in VFO B the 10xxx MHz for Downlink (RX).

By the way, don´t have this setup active at the moment. In case of the bad weather conditions i´ve
stopped to complete my QO-100 station. Need better weather to mount the dish with the doublefeed.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
EA4BFK
Novice Class

Post by EA4BFK »

Thanks Jurgen

I’ll try tomorrow

Alex
EA4BFK
EA4BFK
Novice Class

Post by EA4BFK »

I continue facing the same Issue regarding CAT interface with SDR Console. The only way I'm able to pass teh frequency of VFOA is using the Serial Port Configuration of SDR Console on Options menu, and using Hamlib in Log4OM V2 conected a serial port that coomuncates with SDR console trough a virtual COM port connection.

Scheme is as follows:

SDR Console COM9 <--> "COM9 in com0com out COM10" <--> COM10 in Hamlib on Log4OM v2.

While in Version 1 of Lg4OM the negative offset is accepted in Version 2 of Log4OM the negative offset on VFOA, doesnt do the substraction. This is required in QO-100 as the frequence sent by SDR Console is the Rx Frequency on 3 cm Band, and what I need to log is the TX frequency on 23 cm Band

can some one help me on this?

Thanks

Alex
EA4BFK
G4KCM
Novice Class

Post by G4KCM »

I have exactly the same problem using a similar setup for QO-100. A positive offset works fine but a negative value whilst accepted is not applied to the frequency indicated on the Log4OM2 frequency display. This has been the same since v2 was launched. It used to work ok on the ‘old’ Log4Om.

Happy to post screenshots or anything else that might help.

Clive, G4KCM