HELP WITH MY FIRST AWARD - WAS

AH6TX
Advanced Class

HELP WITH MY FIRST AWARD - WAS

Post by AH6TX »

iI just finished obtaining the 50 states required. Now what do I do next. I need to understand how to incorporate it into the software and then how to submit it to ARRL All of my confirmations are on LOTW.

Thanks
Howard
AH6TX
N6VH
Old Man

Re: HELP WITH MY FIRST AWARD - WAS

Post by N6VH »

Howard,

Applying for the WAS award is done through LOTW, since all your confirmations are there.
Click Awards.
Click Select WAS Award Account (if you don't have one already setup, click Create New WAS Award Account).
Once at the WAS Award Account screen, click Application on the left side.
Select the award you want to apply for and go from there.

Jim N6VH
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

Thanks got it.... Now that I have the award how do I place it into log4om?

Thanks
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

I have been out of town for a few days, so didn't reply earlier.
What is it that you want to do in Log4OM involving WAS?

Jim N6VH
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

I want to place it into LOG4OM, however I don't know how. I received the WAS from ARRL.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

AH6TX wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 22:46 I want to place it into LOG4OM, however I don't know how. I received the WAS from ARRL.
Howard,

If your WAS is all credited at LOTW do a download of the LOTW records in the V2 QSL Manager. Be sure to tic the box labeled: Retrieve CREDITED QSL's. This should ensure bringing those 'credits' down from LOTW.

Then go to Award Statistic in V2 and select the WAS Award. You might actually do this step first as you might have already downloaded the needed LOTW information.

When you have the Award WAS selected click on the Maintenance tab and click the RESCAN AWARD REFERENCES button. V2 will process your call log file and once done there will be a display in the open box indicating it is completed the scan.

Then click on the statistics Tab to look at those values and then click on the Award view to see that view of your WAS.

This should get you going.

As noted above go to the Award Statistics first and if needed then pull the extended LOTW download and then go back to the the Award Statistics.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX