Am I missing a setting cluster?

K0XM
Novice Class

Re: Am I missing a setting cluster?

Post by K0XM »

Mike,
I changed mine in the cluster configuration window. Cluster Management, then edit the entry.
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

K0XM wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 16:03 Mike,
I changed mine in the cluster configuration window. Cluster Management, then edit the entry.
Im still seeing old spots staying on my cluster from 1 hour or more. I am using ve7cc. I need help fixing this. How do I remove the sh/dx/30? will this correct the problem?
Mike-W2MJP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W2MJP wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 00:26
K0XM wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 16:03 Mike,
Im still seeing old spots staying on my cluster from 1 hour or more. I am using ve7cc. I need help fixing this. How do I remove the sh/dx/30? will this correct the problem?
Mike,

See image attached. I just used a couple hash marks to comment out the SH command. This has solved a number of issues. If you do a search here on the Forum you will find several conversations about the sh/dx/30 or whatever value that can be used.

You have to disconnect the cluster then select it and push the edit button, make the changes, save it and then remove from the edit panel and finally reload it to be your primary cluster and then connect.

The SH command just forces (in your and my case) the VE7CC cluster to pull down spots for a quick display and many might be old or just aged an hour or two or so.

I just like the cluster to start showing the calls when the show up without being pushed through the gate.

I also do a fair amount of filtering on the CC User APP for ve7cc and a couple other clusters that I try now and again.

I try to keep things set up primarily for CW visibility. I'd have to dust off my mic as it has been a long time since I used SSB and I occasionally work some FT8, but mostly for testing V2.

Thanks for using Log4OM V2.
Attachments
clustermngmnt.JPG
clustermngmnt.JPG (107.84 KiB) Viewed 4434 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Thank you Nolan
Mike-W2MJP
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

I have a different situation. I have a dedicated computer for ham radio. When I finish a session on the radio, I shut the radio off and leave the computer on with Log4OM running. I come back a few hours later and turn the radio on, but the cluster light is out on LOG4OM. No big deal. I go into configurations, select cluster, but make no changes, then hit save & apply. The cluster is now working FB. is this the expected behavour for this situation?

Art K0AY
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

KI5IO wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 04:17
Mike,

See image attached. I just used a couple hash marks to comment out the SH command. This has solved a number of issues. If you do a search here on the Forum you will find several conversations about the sh/dx/30 or whatever value that can be used.

You have to disconnect the cluster then select it and push the edit button, make the changes, save it and then remove from the edit panel and finally reload it to be your primary cluster and then connect.

The SH command just forces (in your and my case) the VE7CC cluster to pull down spots for a quick display and many might be old or just aged an hour or two or so.

Thanks for using Log4OM V2.
Nolan,

I have the same problem. Here is a picture of my cluster settings. The sh/dx 30 command isn't even there, and hasn't been for quite some time. When I first start CC User, I get spots from spotters from our west coast. Then, when I connect to CC User with Log4OM, it still apparently sends the sh/dx command, even though it isn't in the configuration.
Cluster Settings.jpg
Cluster Settings.jpg (203.19 KiB) Viewed 4419 times

Jim N6VH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

N6VH wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 20:50 Nolan,

I have the same problem. Here is a picture of my cluster settings. The sh/dx 30 command isn't even there, and hasn't been for quite some time. When I first start CC User, I get spots from spotters from our west coast. Then, when I connect to CC User with Log4OM, it still apparently sends the sh/dx command, even though it isn't in the configuration.

Jim N6VH
Jim, take a look at CCuser.

Under bands there is a setting for missed spots. I think it essentially does the same thing as sh/dx. I might be wrong but give that a try please.

Rich
Attachments
2020-04-20_17-45-52.jpg
2020-04-20_17-45-52.jpg (117.26 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

K0AY wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 19:58 I have a different situation. I have a dedicated computer for ham radio. When I finish a session on the radio, I shut the radio off and leave the computer on with Log4OM running. I come back a few hours later and turn the radio on, but the cluster light is out on LOG4OM. No big deal. I go into configurations, select cluster, but make no changes, then hit save & apply. The cluster is now working FB. is this the expected behavour for this situation?

Art K0AY
I believe this is a known problem. I had the same thing in version 1 happen. I never really thought much about it maybe it loses touch with the CAT setting since the radio is off. I always did what you did, I reconnected the cluster or restarted Log4 V1. As far as V2 and the cluster disconnecting maybe there will be a fix in the future. As for the SH/DX is concerned, I was informed to delete the line in the edit part of the cluster managementor add // in front of it. So far no more hang ups. I am using Ve7cc as my primary cluster and no other cluster as a back up. Time will tell.
Mike-W2MJP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

kd0zv wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 22:47
N6VH wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 20:50 Nolan,

Jim N6VH
Jim, take a look at CCuser.

Under bands there is a setting for missed spots. I think it essentially does the same thing as sh/dx. I might be wrong but give that a try please.

Rich
Rich,

Yes the missed spots box was checked. However, that isn't the problem. I unchecked the box, and still getting the same results. Here is the text from my most recent login from Log4OM to CC User:

log1-> N6VH (VE7CC-1)
<- N6VH (VE7CC-1)
N6VH command error (VE7CC-1)
N6VH de VE7CC-1 21-Apr-2020 1953Z CCC > (VE7CC-1)
log1-> N6VH (VE7CC-1)
<- N6VH (VE7CC-1)
N6VH command error (VE7CC-1)
N6VH de VE7CC-1 21-Apr-2020 1953Z CCC > (VE7CC-1)
log1-> SH/DX 30 (VE7CC-1)
<- SH/DX 30 (VE7CC-1)

I don't know what the command error is. I even commented out the password line, just in case. As you can see, Lg4OM is still sending SH/DX 30.

Jim N6VH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Jim, where are you getting that log info from?

I just switched my Log4OM over to to connect to CCUser and not seeing anything unusual.

My log from Log4OM does not show a sh/dx

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team