Am I missing a setting cluster?

N6VH
Old Man

Re: Am I missing a setting cluster?

Post by N6VH »

Rich,

Sorry, should have mentioned the source. I copied that from the CC User screen at the top, immediately after I connected to CC User. Incidentally, I just connected to CC User with Log4OM v1, and the sh/dx command didn't happen. I also connected with some other programs, such as N1MM+, and no problem there either. This isn't a major problem for me, but I'm just wondering why it is happening.

Jim N6VH
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

N6VH wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 15:44 Rich,

Sorry, should have mentioned the source. I copied that from the CC User screen at the top, immediately after I connected to CC User. Incidentally, I just connected to CC User with Log4OM v1, and the sh/dx command didn't happen. I also connected with some other programs, such as N1MM+, and no problem there either. This isn't a major problem for me, but I'm just wondering why it is happening.

Jim N6VH
FYI. Since removing the SH/DX30 the old cluster spots have stopped hanging around for a while. Thanks for the help and screen shots. As they say a picture is worth a 1k words. Screenshots are very helpful.
Mike-W2MJP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

I don't think I'm the one to thank. Others posted helpful screen shots. In my case, SH/DX 30 is still being sent, even though I have eliminated it from the cluster login settings.

Jim N6VH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Jim,

if you change the settings for a cluster which is active you first have to delete them in
the list of actve clusters. After delete the SH/DX 30 for this one in the main list you have
to put it back onto the active cluster list and made a restart.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

DF5WW wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 21:25 Hi Jim,

if you change the settings for a cluster which is active you first have to delete them in
the list of actve clusters. After delete the SH/DX 30 for this one in the main list you have
to put it back onto the active cluster list and made a restart.

;) ;)
Jim
This is exactly what I did and it seemed to have worked. Make sure you do it as it is explained above. After you delete you have to go back select it again and save it. Than connect.
Mike-W2MJP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Juergen,

That did the trick. Thanks. I see that KD0ZV made that point early on in this very topic. I can't believe I missed it. I try to read these posts carefully. Sorry.

Jim N6VH

p. s. I don't think this is in the User Guide. It might be a good idea to add it (I have the latest version of the guide - 21-04-2020)