Am I missing a setting cluster?

K0XM
Novice Class

Am I missing a setting cluster?

Post by K0XM »

Some timeout? This has happened a couple of times. Look at the time column.

Chuck K0XM
Attachments
Cluster Window.JPG
Cluster Window.JPG (235.73 KiB) Viewed 6558 times
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Am I missing a setting cluster?

Post by KD0ZV »

Chuck,

Did you just start it up?

I have noticed if you are using the SH/DX command on the end with 30 the times cant be a little jacked up but settle out if you let it run.

I just remove the line and have better luck.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K0XM
Novice Class

Post by K0XM »

No actually as a cluster sysop, I have it running constantly. This screen shot was after a restart of Log4om to see if it would clear, and I have all the startup scripts in L4OM turned off. Log4OM telnets into CC User which handles all my log in/log out and telnet interfacing along with any start up scripts. The recent spots were updating under the incorrect ones, and thats what was weird. And it has done this a couple of times before.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

OK,

I am no longer connecting to CC User. I just use it to set my filtering and then connect to the servers with different SSIDs.

Have you tested with a direct connection to a cluster server to see how the times stack up?

Rich

PS: One thing to note on Log4OM is that you cannot edit a known cluster and save it and get it to work unless you remove it from active servers and re-add it. Unless Lele fixed that in 2.4. I have not checked.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K0XM
Novice Class

Post by K0XM »

Yes, I tested it with a direct connection to the cluster I own and run and same thing. It showed the "retained" spots. They eventually cleared off but it took a few hours. It is NOT the cluster or CC User. I am just wondering if I missed a setting. It is not a show stopper but just want to make sure it is not operator error.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

OK well sounds like you are on top of it and past my pay grade.

But I noticed similar things originally before removing the SH/MYDX line and also changing the setting in CC User for missed spots which I think does the same thing!

Good luck Chuck. Maybe Terry or one of the alpha\beta testers will chime in.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
K0XM
Novice Class

Post by K0XM »

I figured it out. Since I have CCUser doing all my login scripts, I had to edit the defaultclustercommands file to remove the script frm Log4OM log on. I was mistaken and apologize if I was in error earlier.
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

I have the same problem with the cluster presentation as Chuck and can not figure out what to do to fix it.
The replies I've read doesn't make any sense to me. Can somebody help?

Thanks!
Bert VE3NR
K0XM
Novice Class

Post by K0XM »

Bert,
My issue was, there is a startup script in L4OM which runs every time you log in. If you are behind VE7CC user, it will pull OLD spots and retain them for an hour or 2. I remove the log on script (basically SH/DX/30) from the cluster script and all is ok.
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

K0XM wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 14:35 Bert,
My issue was, there is a startup script in L4OM which runs every time you log in. If you are behind VE7CC user, it will pull OLD spots and retain them for an hour or 2. I remove the log on script (basically SH/DX/30) from the cluster script and all is ok.
I guess the problem still exsist. I am having the same problem. I just installed V2 a few days ago and all way well until last night, my cluster started doing the same thing times were all jacked up and out of order. I am hoping to figure it out today. I read here all I have to do is remove the SH/dx/30? How do I do this? How do I remove the log on script as you mention? TU
Mike-W2MJP