Location map not always showing correct location of contact

k9www
Novice Class

Location map not always showing correct location of contact

Post by k9www »

I've noticed many times the world map and zoomed in map to the right of it on the Main screen do not show the correct location of the contact being made. My QTH is shown correctly and if I clear the contact, it will clear the map and only show my location but if I input another call sign, it just puts a pin in the center of the US with a line to it even though the contact is elsewhere. I am running 2.4.0.0.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Location map not always showing correct location of contact

Post by KI5IO »

k9www wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 14:32 I've noticed many times the world map and zoomed in map to the right of it on the Main screen do not show the correct location of the contact being made. My QTH is shown correctly and if I clear the contact, it will clear the map and only show my location but if I input another call sign, it just puts a pin in the center of the US with a line to it even though the contact is elsewhere. I am running 2.4.0.0.
Richard,

Just curious where does your Main UI display show the data is coming from for those calls that spot to the center of the USA? That information is noted just below the Start/End date-time fields in the Main UI.

Do you have QRZ or HamQTH chosen as a primary/failsafe source under Info Providers in Software Configuration?

The default to center of USA is coming from the country file and is a possibility that you have not set up the Info Providers to provide further details.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k9www
Novice Class

Post by k9www »

KI5IO wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 15:19 Just curious where does your Main UI display show the data is coming from for those calls that spot to the center of the USA? That information is noted just below the Start/End date-time fields in the Main UI.

Do you have QRZ or HamQTH chosen as a primary/failsafe source under Info Providers in Software Configuration?

The default to center of USA is coming from the country file and is a possibility that you have not set up the Info Providers to provide further details.
I've attached an image of what I am seeing. The contact is in WI but it is showing the center of the country.

I have QRZ as my Primary source with HAMQTH as my failsafe. I do not have a paid account on QRZ. Could that be my issue??? I do have accounts on QRZCQ and HAMCALL. Am I better off changing that around?
Log4OM_map.JPG
Log4OM_map.JPG (132.24 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Richard,

Shame on me ... I should have also asked that question about the "paid" QRZ account for the additional data at the XML level.

Switch your prime & backup to make HamQTH "prime". No fees for their data and "in most cases" will help better drill down ... at no charge.

If V2 can't find the data in either of those sources it will default to the country file which points to center of USA.

As for QRZCQ and HamCall ... yes, give them a go and especially as you have accounts with them and see what you get. I don't happen to have accounts with either of those so can't directly test/observe.

Tnx for using V2.
Plano, TX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Rich,

if you take a look to the data in the main UI you´ll see that there´s no
grid for the worked station. If there´s no grid Log4OM will display the
center of the worked/logged country. Don´t know what you have setted
up as external sources but if you have qrz.com you need a payed xml#
subscription to receive a grid. Same we have at qrzcq.com. One of the free
services ist HamQTH but users have to provide and updating their data.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
k9www
Novice Class

Post by k9www »

KI5IO wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 16:52 Switch your prime & backup to make HamQTH "prime". No fees for their data and "in most cases" will help better drill down ... at no charge.
Tnx for using V2.
I decided to give that a shot and it works like a champ! Thanks for having me look in there.

Love all the upgrades in V2. I tossed the devs a few $$ for all the hard work. This is the best logging program I've used!
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k9www wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 16:59
KI5IO wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 16:52 Switch your prime & backup to make HamQTH "prime". No fees for their data and "in most cases" will help better drill down ... at no charge.
Tnx for using V2.
I decided to give that a shot and it works like a champ! Thanks for having me look in there.

Love all the upgrades in V2. I tossed the devs a few $$ for all the hard work. This is the best logging program I've used!
Richard,

Tnx and standby ... there is more to come along the way.
Plano, TX