Found problem with HRDLog upload-not sure of solution!

G1YBB
Old Man

Found problem with HRDLog upload-not sure of solution!

Post by G1YBB »

So I have been testing the live as you go QSO upload to the logging sites and found that HRDlog would not work. It used to in v1.x
Daniele suggested on Facebook I look at the log. At first no useful information except I could see eqsl reported success but HRDlog did not.
I then turned on trace and I could see more information.

I am testing in a portable user configuration. In settings I set callsign as G1YBB with upload code, as I did in v1.x. In the trace log I can see Log4OM is sending G1YBB/P with my upload code and hrdlog was saying unknown user.
I have found that I can only log into HRDlog using my base callsign and password, so I assumed the same happening here.
Sure enough, I switch to a fixed station profile with no /P suffix and HRDlog is happy.

So in the portable configuration while I am entering my correct upload details Log4OM is using the station callsign details instead of the user details to try to upload.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.88 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (29.08 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Found problem with HRDLog upload-not sure of solution!

Post by G4POP »

Delete the log file here C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Google Drive\G4POP Log4OM NG\config\log

Start Log4om and set 'Trace' mode

In QSL Manager select a QSO that has not been uploaded correctly to HRDLog and upload it

Go to help/Generate support request

Check the box to send an ADIF file

Generate the report file which is a zip file

Email that file to me at G4POP (AT) ARRL.NET
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Thread edited for clarity
73 Terry G4POP
HB9GZX
Novice Class

Post by HB9GZX »

Hey all
what was the solution for this question?
73 de Dany
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

My solution was to use 1.x for /P callsigns.
Lots of thread posts above were deleted but I could see in the log file that the owner callsign was being sent to log in rather than my user set /P callsign, so hrdlog wouldn't accept the login as wrong username being sent
1.x sent the correct callsign.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Use a second setup for your /P. You can use the same database but your station call
will be call/p. All are in the same log and if you have a seperated /P in LotW/Clublog
or others and a correct password it will be fine ... If you don´t have separated in these
external sources it could be a problem to upload correctly.

For my work i don´t use any (M .. /P .. /A and i never use a /LH for the work on lifgthouses
... For every log you need a seperated account at eQSL, HamLog and others. If you have only
one account at this services call only as "Callsign" without any extensions. Or use separated
database in Log4OM and different accounts for those at Clublog, LotW or different others.
+
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
HB9GZX
Novice Class

Post by HB9GZX »

I'm using 2.8.0.0 and have setup a second profile with all the different settings for the /P uploads. QRZ.com, eQSL, LotW, Clublog are fine, only HRDlog is coming back with the "wrong user name".
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

Hi Jurgen,
I have used different profiles for some years now in Log4OM for my G1YBB/P and GW1YBB/P logs, as well as less used home log.
Always worked fine on v1.x.
I've been through this thread once and posted all the information to show that v2.4 was NOT sending the settings I had enter for the HRDlog login but it was all deleted. I have a PDF of the thread before the posts were deleted but it's too large to attach.
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

HB9GZX wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 15:31 I'm using 2.8.0.0 and have setup a second profile with all the different settings for the /P uploads. QRZ.com, eQSL, LotW, Clublog are fine, only HRDlog is coming back with the "wrong user name".
Yes, same here. If you look at the log file you will see that Log4OM is sending HB9GZX to log in rather than HB9GZX/P as v1.x correctly sends.
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

My logs posted in March:

I think I have discovered the issue.
Firstly, I didn't mention because earlier as I didn't think it was important but I was using a portable configuration. I switched to home configuration and HRDlog worked fine.
So I used tracelog and compared how v1.41 (which works 100% in portable configuration) and v2.4 were talking to HRDlog and it looks like v2.4 is sending the station callsign as upload loging rather than the user set in settings. You can follow my thread here with pictures of my settings:
https://g1ybb.uk/.../Found%20problem%20with%20HRDLog...
but as you cannot see the tracelog text in the PDF, here they are. I have swapped my HRDlog upload code with **********, you can see the callsign used for upload before that:
V2.4:
[HRDLOG UPLOAD] Uploading QSO on HRDLOG: G1YFC|20/03/2020 15:48:03|20m|LSB
2020-03-20 15:49:23.0610 INFO: [AdifManagement] : Begin export single QSO to ADIF string
2020-03-20 15:49:23.0610 INFO: [AdifManagement] : Export QSO to ADIF file completed
2020-03-20 15:49:23.0610 DEBUG: [#=zzD_1xjCM9nGF_xUJHT5gLvShAeSi][MoveNext] : [HRDLOG UPLOAD] payload:
http://robot.hrdlog.net/NewEntry.aspx payload: Callsign=G1YBB/P&Code=**********&App=LOG4OM2&ADIFData=<BAND:3>20m <CALL:5>G1YFC <COMMENT:16>test QSO on v2.4 <DXCC:3>223 <FREQ:9>14.200000 <MODE:3>SSB <SUBMODE:3>LSB <STATION_CALLSIGN:7>G1YBB/P <QSO_DATE:8>20200320 <RST_RCVD:2>59 <RST_SENT:2>59 <TIME_ON:6>154803 <EOR>
V1.41:
DEBUG: HRDLogManagement: upload informations:
Callsign=G1YBB&Code=********&App=Log4OM&ADIFData=<QSO_DATE:8>20200320 <TIME_ON:6>154145 <CALL:5>G1YFC <MODE:3>SSB <BAND:3>20m <RST_SENT:2>59 <RST_RCVD:2>59 <QSL_SENT:1>R <QSL_RCVD:1>R <QSL_SENT_VIA:1>B <EQSL_QSL_RCVD:1>R <EQSL_QSL_SENT:1>R <LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>R <LOTW_QSL_SENT:1>R <DISTANCE:3>128 <COMMENT:8>test QSO <STATION_CALLSIGN:7>G1YBB/P <DXCC:3>223 <EOR
You can see in the PDF that my settings for v1.41 and v2.4 are the same, but in the tracelog above v2.4 is sending
Callsign=G1YBB/P&Code=**********&App=LOG4OM
and on HRDlog only G1YBB works with the upload code.
V1.41 sends:
Callsign=G1YBB&Code=********&App=Log4OM
so it works great.