Using UDP-Proxy for added service

dk1ws
Novice Class

Using UDP-Proxy for added service

Post by dk1ws »

my problem: get band/frequency information via WLAN/UDP for automatic selection of correct antenna on the mast with a Linux Raspi.
Is there a way to configure UDP packet transfer for listening to transferred CAT-commands?
I tried to relay port 50001 (the default Icom radio control port on localhost by VA2FSQ Icom Server) to port 49000 (binding port on Raspi)- but nothing happens..
I didn't find any information about using/interfaces of internal relaying inbound services, my trials together with wireshark failed...

73!
Wolfgang
DK1WS

Log4OM V 2.4.0, VA2FSQ Win4Icom, Omnirig, JTDX/WSJT-X
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Using UDP-Proxy for added service

Post by NN7D »

Wolfgang,

Good question. As far as I now, there is no facility in V2 for CAT to flow via UDP Outbound connections, its not one of the Service Types, at the present time.

Daniele will have to answer, if there are any other methods available.

Or you could attempt to listen on the Com port used for CAT, but it would take some custom programming. If you use OmniRig, you could write a custom OmniRig client to handle it. Or maybe there is a HamLIb solution? Don't know much about HamLib. Mike - W9MDB might chime in on that - as he does a lot with HamLib.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
dk1ws
Novice Class

Post by dk1ws »

Hallo Doug,

thanks for your answer. I hope that using of UDP Proxy could be a modern solution without adding more complexity- my target is sniffing on Raspi for frequency related CAT-commands in UDP packets of anyone always supported service...

Then I hope that Lele could come back soon to the live past Corona without any bruises... best wishes- for all and thanks for the super job!

73!
Wolfgang DK1WS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Why not use the PSTRotator UDP connection which includes the frequency (Providing the Send freq SteppIR box is checked) in the packets, from that you could determine the band
73 Terry G4POP
dk1ws
Novice Class

Post by dk1ws »

thanks, i'll check that again. The first trial didn't send packets because of no hardware/echo/initialize?
dk1ws
Novice Class

Post by dk1ws »

hi, Terry,
thanks for the idea.
But Using PSTRotator UDP connection needs as trigger for sending frequency packets: clicking on Azimuth-button.
That is not really better than using the station controller touch screen for manual antenna switching :( .
My problems: 2 (+1 in some weeks) antennas, 11 bands, very comfortable possibility for cluster based band changes in LOG4OM, one old head ;-)

73!
Wolfgang DK1WS
dk1ws
Novice Class

Post by dk1ws »

To close this issue:
In the last update to V2.8.0.0 was a solution in point

- [NEW] Frequency is sent to PSTRotator when changed by more than 10KHz

Adding a broadcast to port (I used 12041), and RASPI now listen up the frequencies and switches to the default antenna for every band...

Thanks especially for these update :-)

73 Wolfgang