CONTEST - NOT ACCEPTING CONTACTS

AH6TX
Advanced Class

CONTEST - NOT ACCEPTING CONTACTS

Post by AH6TX »

I setup the contest program and when I entered in a contact and clicked on the Add QSO button I received the following:

'CONTEST EXCHANGES NOT VALID.

What did I do wrong. I was able to enter the contact into the regular log with no problem. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for a quick response as the contest is in operation.

Howard Krawitz
AH6TX
gvm920@gmail.com
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CONTEST - NOT ACCEPTING CONTACTS

Post by NN7D »

Howard, It would help if you could post a screen shot of your contest setup. And post a screen shot of your contest window when it says you can't log it, please.

Things to check -
1. Contest period set correctly, and Contest exchange set correctly in Contest Settings?
2. Have you put the Correct Contest Received info in the Conect Rcvd field?

The contest feature is working for me with the CQ WW WPX SSB contest now going on.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

Thanks for responding. I found one item that I was unaware of and that is the CONTEST RECEIVED. I have the setup with CQ WW WPX Contest (SSB) which based on your email and the selection offered CQ WW WPX Contest (SSB) is correct. For some reason it is not showing up on the contest program. However when I copy and pasted the contest name into the CONTEST RECEIVED the program worked. After saving the QSO the contest name disappeared. Do I have to do this each time?

Not sure if there is something else I am not doing.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

First read page 62>>> of our user guide

The WPX contest is in the drop down list of the set up window - see below

Contest1.jpg
Contest1.jpg (106.22 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

Having set the contest, start and end date and times click the save button - see below

Contest 2.JPG
Contest 2.JPG (33.6 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

Once back in the contest screen click the contest button again to activate - See below

contest 3.jpg
contest 3.jpg (153.61 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

Thereafter just enter the other persons call and exchange details and log, all will be auto saved as in the image above
73 Terry G4POP
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

I have followed your instructions to the letter and I still get 'CONTEST EXCHANGES NOT VALID'..... The only way this works is if I place the contest name in the location on the main contest screen that says 'CONTEST RECEIVED'.

Howard
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Howard

You must be doing something wrong because three of our Alpha testers have checked this and it works perfectly.

Why can't you select the contest from the drop down list, is the list blank or something?

What do you enter in the contest exchange received field?
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

One thing not mentioned above but shown in Terrys image.

Make sure you have auto generate selected because Fixed string with no value will not work.
Attachments
Contest 2.JPG
Contest 2.JPG (33.6 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

I obtained the contest name from the drop down on the setup screen and I used that.
In the Contest Received on the contest itself the only thing in the field is the word Contest Received. However if I paste the Contest name in there the program would work. So it appears to me that it is not receiving the contest name from the setup screen.

As for the Auto generate it is correct.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Need a screenshot of the contest settings window, contest window with your pasted text displayed and a screen shot of the error message before I can take this forward
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

AH6TX wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 20:19 I obtained the contest name from the drop down on the setup screen and I used that.
In the Contest Received on the contest itself the only thing in the field is the word Contest Received. However if I paste the Contest name in there the program would work. So it appears to me that it is not receiving the contest name from the setup screen.

As for the Auto generate it is correct.
Howard. You don't paste the name of the contest in the Contest Received field! You enter the Received report! In the case of the WPX SSB contest, that is the consecutive Contact Number sent by the other station. Example 024.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA